Felling low, depressed and lonely due to hh

HyperHH

Hi All,

I have been suffering with hyperhidrosis since childhood. This problem started affecting my life to a great extent that it made me an introvert. i feel very shy to talk fluently in front of a crowd. HH grabbing all my confidence day by day.

i don't have friends. i am feeling very very low, depressed and sad. I have tried all the solutions available but still no cure for this unknown excessive sweating of palms and feet.

aw26

I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you investigated the surgery at all? Or a treatment like miraDry? (sounds like the sympathectomy may be more helpful though).

HyperHH

Yes surgery is the last resort, but i don't like to risk the side effects after surgery.

I don't know about miradry.. I am using aldry ( Aluminium Chloride ) lotion

Thanks for the message.

jkel

Hello HyperHH,

I suffer from HH too, and is now largely an introvert.

I spent my whole life searching for solutions, tried all sorts of stuff. Trick is to never to give up. Wrote a book regarding the cure. Nothing miraculous but keeps the sweat at bay. Gives me back some of the dignity that I have lost all those years from teens to young adult, and lets me live some sort of a life.

Anyway, you can check out my results and book here.
https://youtu.be/bSlQG_0zS34
You can pm me if you want. Will still be interested to help even if you dont buy my book :)

tiago1995

Hey there HyperHH.
I do happen to have the same problem you do, also too scared to try surgery.
Right now I plan on trying to get oxybutynin pills from a doctor and see if that works to stop my hands from sweating all the time.

driping jon

hi.i have just got on with it.i take pro banthine .its good if you learn the time thing it takes to work.yes risks .you soon learn the timeing then its fine

Miked

hi.i have just got on with it.i take pro banthine .its good if you learn the time thing it takes to work.yes risks .you soon learn the timeing then its fine

Yes. Pro Banthine is all about timing. I had to take it on an empty stomach otherwise it wouldnt work. Also, need constant gum to chew and water to sip. You get a VERY dry mouth. It would normally be effective for a few hours and a top up tablet didnt usually make any difference. Always warned not to take too many as it could stop you from being able to urinate. I used probanthine for important occasions when I wanted to go out with friends. Be wary that if your going for a meal out. You may need a lot of drink as swallowing was difficault due to dry mouth. Its worth a try though.

jessb

Have you considered treatment options? There are many options available these days, that you could try one of those. I had a friend who had similar issues. She found it hard to go out in public and avoided most of the functions. She then did Botox injections at The Centre for Dermatology. And it worked for her. If not surgery try that.

nicsa

me too HyperHH... i'm so fed up with having it still for 15 yrs, no friends as my old ones from school are different now and have moved on plus they used to bully me. i'm an introvert too and although i like my own company and am tired/busy a lot from working full-time and poor health, i do miss having friends and still waiting for a true friend. i just want 1 not loads like popular 'normal' people have. i hope for a female friend & more of a social life especially as my self-esteem is so low. i also have depression too which i'm on meds for but they're not great. started when i had HH when i hit ****rty. anyway, take care and hope u find friends on here and feel free to msg me! nic x