feeling unworhty

hey,

everytime i feel unworthy, a huge low self esteem...
and when i look in the mirror i disgust myself
i feel sick of this feeling it makes me feel tired of everything
i cant accept myself,,,, cuz i find myself nothing...

what can i do to feel better... any suggestions??

you are extremely hot, just look at your youtube videos for proof.

hope that helps

(and no this isn't sexual harassment so please don't ban me MODS)

You're beautiful, with and without make-up. It doesn't matter. You're also very talented. Have faith!

Well, I'm a fairly simple guy... so simple suggestions. Exercise. If you can't do it outdoors, maybe try yoga. Stretching (not overstretching) makes you feel great...

You can also look back to all your achievements. It's hard to find them due to the negative filters we impose on ourselves, but they're definitely there! And in your case, doubtless, there are many of them!

you are extremely hot, just look at your youtube videos for proof.

hope that helps

(and no this isn't sexual harassment so please don't ban me MODS)

thank you.. It's just hard to see it from my own view..
Lol.. i think nobody find herself hot.. But I mean, I'm so socially awkward, that I find myself weird. On YouTube you can't see that.. In reality it's messed up .
If you ever have seen me anxious around people, you would think there's something wrong with me.

You're beautiful, with and without make-up. It doesn't matter. You're also very talented. Have faith!

Well, I'm a fairly simple guy... so simple suggestions. Exercise. If you can't do it outdoors, maybe try yoga. Stretching (not overstretching) makes you feel great...

You can also look back to all your achievements. It's hard to find them due to the negative filters we impose on ourselves, but they're definitely there! And in your case, doubtless, there are many of them!

Yoga is a great idea.. My mom told me that too, maybe I can find a yoga coach in my town.. thank u for the suggestion.. I think it would make me feel good cuz i like to relax...

SnowWolf

Have you been diagnosed with body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) by any chance? It sounds to me like you have it, but of course it feeds into social phobia too, I've been told I have both.

I also hate what I see when I look in the mirror, so very much, and it's hard to believe that other people could like me when I don't myself. Then I get preoccupied with my looks when I'm out which just makes the social anxiety worse. Sometimes I take dozens of photos of myself and if I'm lucky there'll be one or two that don't look awful, which I then look at way too much to try to fool myself into thinking I'm not some hideous monster.

If it's any consolation they say people with BDD are often quite attractive, like you are. I wish I could believe that about myself.

Felgen

I've had a mild BDD myself. This is a weird thing for a guy to have, but in my mid teens I always believed that I wan't muscular enough. I even considered taking steroids.

If I were you, I'd consider going back to school, going to therapy because of the anxiety and so on. Your self-image will improve once you have those things in order. Anxiety, depression and so on is a vicious cycle and it can only be overcome by gradually taking steps out of your comfort zone.

Good luck! :)

SnowWolf

I've had a mild BDD myself. This is a weird thing for a guy to have, but in my mid teens I always believed that I wan't muscular enough. I even considered taking steroids.
Not weird, apparently BDD has equal split between men and women (I'm a guy). Personally I have particular issues with my face that I hate and obsess over (everything from my hairline and circles under my eyes, to the actual shape of my head). Reassurance from others is really hard for me to believe.

On recommendation from the shrink who diagnosed me I've started reading "The Broken Mirror: Understanding and Treating Body Dysmorphic Disorder" by Katharine A. Phillips. We'll see how this goes.

well u know SnowWolf, i really think i might have BDD.
But when I tell my parents they say ''Sas.. You think you have every disease''
They don't believe me :(
Cuz there are lots of story about BDD people wanting surgery etc :(
Cuz I dont want surgery.. , but they think its all about that
and they think im just insecure about my looks and that its not a disorder
but they should know HOW MUCH i disqust myself :(
Its really a terrible feeling..
Today I dressed over and over again. everyday its a fight for me to find the right clothes, to look good and camouflage my skin.. i'm obsessed .. :S
And I make thousands of pictures.. :/ cuz pictures are mostly better then reality. Maybe i already have 3000 pics of my face xD i know its ridiculus
But i hope my parents would believe me someday
cuz its not just me worrying about my looks.. its me feeling like crap

SnowWolf

I can relate especially about the picture thing. I don't want surgery either, sometimes I think about it but I know if I did it then instead I'd just worry about whether people could tell. BDD does seem kinda hard to separate from SA, like I can't imagine many people diagnosed only with SA are actually comfortable with their appearance... I suppose it's all down to the level of obsession over it, whether that includes surgery or not.

You might not be able to relate to all the cases but the book I mentioned above could help, I think you should read it and then maybe make your parents read it. Your library might have a copy (that's where I got mine).

jbeenthere

just know that these feelings are symptoms of a disease. Make your parents understand by having a doctor talk to them if necessary. don't take no for an answer and keep trying to get help. what happened with the idea of going to a to a treatment facility?

mrb

yes try seeing your self for the good looking girl you are , and at least you have the guts to put films of your self on here singing and i might add your good at singing ... your to hard on yourself lol always beating your self up ..... you have guts you dont give up ... just be you stop analizing evreything ....