feeling really positive and confident today

Neebo

Today when I went out to the shop to run an errand I felt really confident and actually almost relaxed and I was on my own :) I was able to look people in the eye and felt less self conscious. I mentally told myself that they were just people and there was nothing to be anxious about. And also I had nothing to be ashamed about and I had as much right to be outside as they did. And for thinking that,I felt a lot more confident :) Infact I now feel that with some help such as CBT,I can overcome Socialphobia and try to lead a normal as possible life and I vow to fight it all the way :x It won't be easy I know,but I now feel like I have the confidence and willpower to try to defeat it :D

arlequin

This is good what you felt today. When something like this happens to us is like winning a very big battle, you have to keep being like this. And if other day it's not that good like this you don't have to go down, just remember what you achieved today.
Congratulation.

Sue

that rocks man good for you for fighting back. im starting to do the same and finding it extremly rewarding.

good on you keep it up :wink:

Angie_05

That is awesome! I hope you have many more experiences like this in the future.

I like your concept of reminding yourself of your own rights, which are the same as others, and that you are a person just like them. I have a tendency of a SP to think that I'm an somehow different than other people, but I'm not.

Danfalc

Banned
Hey congratulations Neebo!!! :D

Glad youve had a good day mate! hope you continue to have a good spell with your anxiety :wink:

All the best!

redlady

Glad to hear about your confident mindset Neebo. :D I hope you enjoy many, many more days like this. I also wish you well with your 'fight' against sp i'm sure you will succeed with an attitude like that. :wink:

paul

congratulations! hopefully one will lead to the other :)
that's inspiring, it makes me think that sa is possible to get over...