Feeling really Nervous {discomfort} around new friends

rko74

Im just wondering is it normal to feel nervous and bit uncomfortable around a new friend your trying to get to know.I got social phobia probably in moderate to strong form.I hate feeling this way cause i dont want people to think i dont like them or pushing them away. :(

cherish

yeah i have this problem. It's easier for me sometimes to be in a group of new friends than it is to be with one person i dont that well. I don't know it's weird. And i have the problem of people thinking i dont like them becase i don't come off nervous so they don't understand what the problem is. It sucks, what i do sometimes when im hanging out with a new friend or friends is i'll have one of my good friends come that i know well and that helps me to not be nervous.

Septor

Oh yea that very normal.Even for people that don't have sa they get nervous when meeting new people.It's twice as bad for people with sa but it's normal we all feel like that sometime in our life.

I'm sure that this friend will understand if he really is your friend. :D

Waybuloo

rko74 said:
Im just wondering is it normal to feel nervous and bit uncomfortable around a new friend your trying to get to know.I got social phobia probably in moderate to strong form.I hate feeling this way cause i dont want people to think i dont like them or pushing them away. :(

yea its normal if u have sa, its normal even if ur normal.
do u think u come across as nervous though, is that why u think they'll think u dont' like them or rejecting them? Smile more when you talk, that'll give the impression of friendliness and interest.

Try to watch movies with them, doesn't involve much convo, and bolt for the door when the movie finishes. Try talk with arched eyebrows and wide opened eyes, nodd a lot. Wear something distracting like no bras or something so they won't notice ur nerves as much. Alternatively dont' wear underwear so it gives u a boost of confidence. :wink:

oh yea, ur a guy, well wearin a bra works the same way then