Feeling depressed

Triselle

Lately, I've been feeling depressed. I'm only 14, but it feels like I've been depressed for over 2 years. Sometimes, I'm alright when then the other 3/5 of my life some sadness has taken over my life.

My parents have not recognized this emotion in me, I try to hide the other side of me because I don't want to cause any problems in the family.. I have normal/average self esteem.. I'm doing good in my subjects at school, but most of the time my mind is blank and empty with sadness. I wish I can feel happy and live like an normal person..

lithium

F|_|CK normal people. How do you define normal? Everyone is abnormal in their own way. The thought of normality angers me. Alright, done bitchin'.

Anomaly

People who have lives, who feel happy and have gratitude towards life

What would constitute having a life? Being a busy bee, having lots of things to do? Where do you draw the line?

Everyone can feel happiness, but to define someone as happy would probably stretch it for most.

The last part, gratitude toward life, pretty much eliminates any potential "normal" people from my list.

Nack

Banned
Happiness is nothing but a word. Life itself is define by the oneself. I think would be gaining knowledge/experience each day, not only from books....-_-''. But from hands on interaction and socialization with others. That is life in my book.

Square_Eyes

Regardless of whatever finite definitions of happiness or normality the OP has arrived at, the desire to remedy the problems they're experiencing isn't any less valid.

Triselle, try talking to your GP about the problem sooner rather than later. Better to pursue help for it now than spend the majority of your adult life wondering what difference it might have made if you just talked to someone about it when the problems first arose.