Feeling Better

RND_CHR

I've been feeling pretty good recently, so I figured I would add some encouraging words to this often depressing message board. As you can see from my post count, i've spent a bit of time on this board. I've definitely had some low, dark periods in my life that seemed like they would continue forever. If I had kept doing the same thing, and not push my confort zone, they probably would have. I felt alone, isolated, and hopeless for any change to these feelings. I wanted good friends and often wondered how people formed such deep relationships with one another. It just seemed liek something I could never attain. Now, my preexisting friendships are better, and I know more people, and I'm developing friendships with girls, something I've never really had before (I'm a guy). Things are better, but I'm still pretty sensetive wiehn things go wrong and I worry about returning to how I felt before. Everyone is insecure about things that stops them from being open about themselves. What helped me the most is just putting myself out there, even though it was really hard at first. However, it did get easier. The more i did it, the better i got at it, and the easier it became. Anyways, I still dont feel awsome, but I feel a lot better than I used to and hopefully I'll be able to coast on this momentum for awhile. Good luck everyone.