Feeling annoyed at my inability to talk clearly and be heard

rko74

I get annoyed with my at my job in the grocery store, i cant seem to talk clearly and loudly.When i always go to say something i always get this feeling like talking with a bunch of marbles in my mouth.I also fear saying hi and how are you to the people in the store im working with.This new guy started a few days ago, young guy in grade 12 i believe.Well he is attached to the hip of this other guy and is always talking and joking.Whenever i go and talk to a co worker i can sense the discomfort in my co worker in talking to me and it makes me feel bad.

Also when people come up to me to ask if we have got so and so item it pains me to speak.I often think im not talking clearly etc :(

PunkyMonkey

Hi rko74..... I work in a grocery store too, and it's not a lot of fun. I know it's like the worst possible job for me because most of my job is dealing with customers. I wish I could at least work in a different department, like produce or the bakery or something, but I'm too young to do anything besides bag.

It's so hard because most of the time I feel like I don't have any voice at all. I can't speak to a customer unless I know for sure I am going to be heard. I can't offer anyone help out unless they are standing right next to me. And my voice, it's not even mine. It comes out sounding wrong, and it's always too quiet. It disappears as soon as I have my apron on.

I have a really hard time talking to most of the the people I work with too because I know how quiet they all think I am. Whenever I do say something, I know how intently they are listening so that they can know what I do sound like when I do talk.

:(