feeling a bit down..

gh1234

I haven't had a girlfriend in such a long time (since I was a freshman in high school, however it wasn't really anything special, it was a friendly thing). I am a 19 year old asian college student, and I always ask myself... is this normal? I mean I always wanted a girlfriend to hang out with and talk to but I never ever have a chance because of school and work. I'm not bad looking because my friends always say I'm cute. I would try to join my college's clubs or something but its no use. So I really never get a chance to meet someone. I mean I have friends that are girls but it never works out because they are being chased by other guys and usually they go for them. I am going to say competition is a real problem for me, and since I live in America, girls tend to go out with whites instead of asians (Thats what I think, watch yellow fever on youtube). I've kissed girls before but again it was just a friendly thing, and I'm not even sure if I'll have a chance to do it again. During my senior year in high school, I went to the prom with my friend and I had a crush on her, so during that summer I hung out with her playing tennis and stuff but then all of a sudden she starts going out with my friend and totally pushes me away. I still haven't stopped thinking about her. Competition sucks. Right now I'm still thinking about getting a girl and then realizing how difficult it would be to try and meet one. I never go out because of school and work... will I go through this throughout my college life?
Sigh.. well I feel a little better now, letting it all out on this post. Thanks for reading.

alex29

if it makes you feel better, Im in college too and ive never once had a boyfriend, someone like me, never been kissed, hardly hugged by anyone, male or female. no one tells me Im cute and I think Im rather ugly actually. the few times I think guys have flirted with me I convince myself either they were just trying to be nice and werent actually interested, or that im just so eager for someone to notice me that I believe what I want to happen, not what is actually happening

I used to be very busy with school but now I find myself exaggerating it and Ive started working more so that I get out somewhat, but also have a reason to not be "social". Im worried about what other people think. if i didnt work on weekends i would have nothing to do

I guess I feel doomed to be single lol. there is one guy and he's very special to me but he's an online friend so I dunno how that will work out