Fear of Phones

dove

I don't have a problem answering a phone, but when I have to make a call... I always worry that the person I'm calling will be doing something and I will interrupt them, or that I won't know what to say. It's especially bad when I have to call someone I don't know very well.

TAMPA-BAY

I hate them but I have reached a point where I am practiceing by calling some of the others members I have met on sites like this.

I still have problem talking if I know or think someone is around and can hear me tho.

fullofhope

I have such a hard time with phone calls!! I can relate with everything written on this thread... Here's a golden tip for everyone: Don't give yourself time to think! The more time you give yourself to think about answering a call or making a call, the more negative thoughts you will come up with. Answer calls the second you hear a ring, no hesitation. When you want to make a phone call, first just determine why you want to talk to them (you may want to know something, or are just curious to know how they are doing). Figure it out and pick up the phone and dial. Don't give yourself time to think about anything else. Figure out why you want to call, then BAM start dialing. Listen to what the other person says, think about what it means to you, and then respond.

By the way, I'm not trying to make it sound like this is all so easy to do. Please believe that I can relate with what you are all saying. This will really help you. And, after a while, you will realize that you have less anxiety about answering phones than you used to.

PhantomPod

I have a very big fear of talking on the phone. I always feels insanely anxious when I know that I have to make a call, and I always have to write up a script of talking points, questions to ask, and answers to possible questions they might ask me.

aldebe

Feck that whole topic..! Why you worry about you are not face to?

I believe you guys react the same way when you post here..!! Thinking too much?

Emma

I've been at work, and I nearly always manage to find a way to get out of answering the phone, I come up with big plans to avoid it..do you think having SP makes you more creative?

I tend to come up with so many ideas