Fear of hospitalization?

My trigger was when I was in church. I was sittin next to a kid, and then more people came so we got squished a little bit. I still had space, but like probably an inch away from the kid, so he was in my comfort zone. I felt my anxiety bulding to the point that I had a thought of a psychiatric hospital. Don't know why, normally when my emotions get built up, I just feel the need to let it out. After I got out and my anxiety went down, my mind still kept on rewinding that thought to the point it became obsessive. Now I am constantly thinking if I should go to a pshcitaric hospital and I don't want to. My emotions seem fine or relatively stable except for my anxiety which is due to that fear, but I just have the fear that what if I need to go. I would get the compulsion to check and anylyze everything I do and feel. How do you know if you need to go to a mental hopsital?

Noca

Banned
Hospitalization for anxiety is rare, its mostly for depression/psychosis. I've been there 4 times for suicide attempts. I've stayed a total of about a month in a psych ward. Seek treatment through other means, unless you feel suicidal and cannot keep yourself safe any longer.

lyricalliaisons

My old therapist wanted to hospitalize me for anxiety. The amount of anxiety I was experiencing must have alarmed her because she was going to have me hospitalized me. Luckily, I had to meet my mom somewhere later that day & she would have been completely alone had I not shown up, so she let me go. But I barely got out of it. At the same time, the thoughts your having seem to be purely OCD & have no real validity. Your OCD is just making you feel this way. You most likely will not be put into a psychiatric hospital.

My trigger was when I was in church. I was sittin next to a kid, and then more people came so we got squished a little bit. I still had space, but like probably an inch away from the kid, so he was in my comfort zone. I felt my anxiety bulding to the point that I had a thought of a psychiatric hospital. Don't know why, normally when my emotions get built up, I just feel the need to let it out. After I got out and my anxiety went down, my mind still kept on rewinding that thought to the point it became obsessive. Now I am constantly thinking if I should go to a pshcitaric hospital and I don't want to. My emotions seem fine or relatively stable except for my anxiety which is due to that fear, but I just have the fear that what if I need to go. I would get the compulsion to check and anylyze everything I do and feel. How do you know if you need to go to a mental hopsital?

I would say if you truly feel you are a threat to yourself or others, you may want to go to one and talk with the staff on call, they can make that assessment. Do you have a regular provider you see?