Fear Accomplishment Thread

FollowMe

It's difficult getting to the root of social anxiety and other similar problems. However, it can be said that social anxiety is rooted in fear. I think many of us can agree that fear is the overriding factor in this. So in this thread I would like any and all of you to share some sort of fear that you have been able to overcome. If you find yourself facing some sort of fear throughout the day, and it does not have to be people-related, try to overcome that fear and then post your accomplishment in this thread. For example, maybe you slept with the lights off if you are afraid of the dark. Maybe you ran an extra lap around the track when you thought you were out of energy. Maybe you attempted to do a handstand when you thought you couldn't. Perhaps you decided to watch a horror film even though you are terribly afraid of the genre.

My hope is that everyone will be able to see that fear can be overcome. If you see your fellow social phobia members overcome their fears, then hopefully you will be able to overcome yours.

I'll start this off.

1. I have been successfully confronting OCD, but the symptoms still haunt me every now and then. Today I was counting certain numbers in my head when I suddenly realized that I was surrendering myself over to OCD. Right before I completed the ritual I decided to stop and drop the ritual immediately. I successfully averted the situation even though it was a bit scary.