Famous or well know Sp sufferers

Anonymous

Yeah, acting or performing aren't really social interactions. You don't have to be yourself, the lines are already written for you and you just read them. I would almost see acting as being a release from SA.

But when the acting stops, suddenly you don't have a script to tell you what to say or do....that's when the feelings of vulnerability return.

I find at work that if I have to attend a meeting, even with a bunch of strangers, I can put on my professional act and so long as we're talking about work, I'm OK...we have things to discuss. But when we reach a coffee break, talking about work stops and now I have to try to make conversation about other things, the doubts about my social skills return and I get real anxious. I probably make the worst impression on people at meetings not during the meeting itself, but during the coffee breaks.

Same sort of thing as acting - when I don't have a the "script" to work to, I panic.

felix

Oh yeah I kinda see what u mean. Because if ur acting you can just kinda create a character for urself. i guess the scariest part is actual conversations and stuff. but then interviews would still b really scary! and if u had fans, meeting them would b scary too. eeshk sorry i'm just kinda rambling
n e ways, its cool that there r famous ppl with sa