falling in love prematurely

robo

Every time their is a girl I like, and I know she's interested in me. I always get way too excited and then screw it up. I start thinking my luck has finally changed, I evaluate everything about her and I convince myself that she's a perfect match. Then the pressure to get a date builds and builds until I'm unable to say hi. The girl looks at me with disgust, thinking all the sudden I don't like her anymore. Or thinking I was playing games with her and that I'm just another asshole. I'm getting pretty numb to the whole situation, and after so long I don't let myself get worked up as much anymore. It's like waving a million dollars in front of me and then slapping me with it, not letting me have it. I wonder if anybody out there with s.a. has found the right person, and things have worked out for them. It would be encouraging to know, I don't think I can give up on it, everytime I try I get really depressed. Anyone else have this problem.

Sebastian

The key is to lower your expectations - which does not mean being pessimistic or not believing - and to take life and people as they come. Try not to let your imagination take over and be realistic, meaning don't live in the future but in the present. If you let your imagination take the better of you, your image of these girls and of yourself will become more and more distorted (unreal compared to reality) and when the time comes to meet them, you might have a negative reaction since the image in your head and the image in reality do not match.

nicola_maire

yeh exactly, i ahve that problem, my expectations r to high, i imagain what their like so much, the tiniest thing happenes and im completly turned off!!! even as lil as they make a crap joke, cioz i imagined them bein really cool! :roll:

just acept her how she is , and just think, this girl dont know me well enough to judge me, worry about what she thinks of u on your 6th date, not brfore ur first one!!!

ColdFury

Someday you'll find someone that'll love you for who you are as well.

I don't know why people say this like its some kind of law.

I can barely even leave my room, how many people am I going to meet who will love me?

IcanDoIt

ColdFury said:
Someday you'll find someone that'll love you for who you are as well.

I don't know why people say this like its some kind of law.

I can barely even leave my room, how many people am I going to meet who will love me?

heheh..

n that really makes sense.. 8O