Fallen in love with my psycotherapist

321Go

This happened 2 years ago, when I was 20. My SA was at its worst point and my parents did little to help me with my SA. (Well, actually they did a lot of things to make me feel better and helped me a lot, but they simply made me feel worse and didn't help me the right way).

I was feeling very lonely and nobody could undertand what was wrong with me, not even my psycotherapist. My parents then decided that I had to got to another psycotherapist (this was the first time in months that my parents did something that really helped me).

I started going to the new psycotherapist, and it was perfect. It was the first time in years that someone really understood what my problems were and really helped me (and still does). I suddenly fell in love with her, even though she was 29-30ish. Every day I was thinking about her, and I would usually be very happy when I went to see her. I would sit there, listen to her with attention and look at her with a happy smile (and talk to her about my problems, of course :lol: ).

About 6 months later, I was thinking that it was time to tell her what I felt, how important she had been to me and how much she had helped me. I was also going to ask her if she felt the same about me, but I feared that she was married or something. One day, I saw she had a photograph. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. She was there, with her husband and her daughter.

I then fell into a deep depression that fortunately lasted 4 days, then I told my self. "Hey! She's a bit old for you. Don't you think? Anyway, she will be your "friend" and she will continue helping you like she did in the past." This made me feel much better, and I'm still happy to have her as my psycotherapist. I've never spoken to anyone about this and probably will not say it to anyone I know.

Generical

Thats a bummer man but it is wierd how we get attached to anyone who gives us even a little bit of help or even attention. At least you accepted it though thats good. Im glad that you found someone you connect well with, im sure that'll help you get over sa quicker.

Victoria

I can somewhat relate to this. When I was 16 I went to a therapist. I've been to a few but this was the only one that really did anything for me at all. I loved going there. I thought he was helping me become happier, but when I think back I wonder if I was just happy more often because I had that hour to look forward to each week. I told him more private things than I ever thought I would tell anyone. He seemed so accepting, and I had told him some crazy things.. I think I ended up liking him because of that. He seemed so accepting and happy to see me each time, It seemed genuine. I felt like he really knew me. Where mine turned sour though was when he moved out of state and gave me his email and since then (I was 16) hes been trying to get me to have sex with him.. I think he was like 30..

shynobody

Victoria said:
Where mine turned sour though was when he moved out of state and gave me his email and since then (I was 16) hes been trying to get me to have sex with him.. I think he was like 30..
8O 8O 8O 8O

321Go - you can always have an affair ;) :p lol j/k.

i also had a crush on my first therapist...she was HOT! lol. i couldnt believe my luck in getting her. i was with her on and off for 2 yrs. but after like a year, i think she was like flirting with me. i dont think she liked me, i just think she wanted me to want her lol. at our sessions...she would like sit like all provacatively lol. her blouse would be unbuttoned low so like if she reached for something on her desk, i could see down her shirt lol. and some times she would have this look like...well nvm lol. so i told her about all that stuff and asked her if she wanted something lol. but she declined lol :(. she said, practicing on her would help me with other women lol. and she told me some of her female clients hit on her too 8O 8O 8) :lol:. even after that happened...she would still have her blouse unbuttoned lol. i knew she was engaged too...but if she wants to play...i'm going to lol. our last session, she was like...is there something you want to tell me? like she wanted me to admit something lol.

Doomed2Die

Well, at least your over it. I feel the same with anyone who merely talks with me nicely over time, ironic considering how much self hate is envolved with SA.

Hehe Shy, same thing happened at my last session a while ago. I was like why is she giving me that look? Its laughable how I/we fall for everything.