Facial Sweating - Very Big Problem

Mozart22

Most of my body sweats too much, but the facial sweating is by far the
worst because everyone can see it, you can't conceal it. My face sweats
so much that my social life is almost dead and I can't even live a normal
life in public.

I've tried Secure Wipes, Robinul/Avert, Face Saver Gel, Extra Strength antiperspirants... nothing works. My face, forehead, and scalp
still sweat and sweat whenever I walk up stairs or move around
or do anything physical or go to a hot place.

It's so horrible and embarrassing!!

Please, any good advice or tips?
Or better yet, any way to make this stop so I can actually
live a normal life again? It really is a disability when your
face is always so sweaty for everyone to see.

Off The Wall

That happens to my bro's friend.. he doesn't seem to mind, that i know of anyway he just lives with it. He is always carrying a hanky with him and wiping his face... I think unforunately it just happens to some people? I dunno maybe go see a doctor? hopefully they could do something about it.

But yeah my bro's friend is exactly the same, It's kind of just normal to me none of his friends or anyone looks down on him for it, no one thinks his a freak or anything.. I'm sitting there chatting to him and ya kno he whips out his hanky and wipes the sweat off his face.. sounds kinda gross but no one really cares? that's just him.

I'm not too sure of his anxiety issues, but obviously the sweating is a symptom of it, or maybe he's just unlucky in that area.

Sorry this was no help to you at all, But the people who do care about you it wont bother them.. the one's it does bother.. who cares about them?

He also just got married, really beautiful girl.. she actually whips his face for him sometimes.. it's kind of cute. Again useless info but just showing you that people don't really mind as much as you think they do.

Mozart22

People who suffer from facial hyperhidrosis know that wiping the sweat off doesn't
do much good because it comes right back. You will keep sweating and wiping it
won't make it stop.

Off The Wall

I'm aware of that... As i stated i said "whiping" which means multiple times a day. Of course it comes back it ain't a miracle cure, i never said he had the cure i just said what he did. Which obviously wasn't helpful at all.. I just thought perhaps you'd feel better knowing you aint the only one... i guess not.

I have facial sweating also.. although not at bad as you explain here. I found that oderban and securewipes have worked for me. It has also helped with my anxiety, I use to worry about sweating, which made it worst. However, since using these products I am more confident and dont worry about it as much. Its not perfect but it is working for me and has made my life alot better.

I know how you feel, I wish you luck in finding something that works for you. Dont give up.

J

Just_a_helper

Most of my body sweats too much, but the facial sweating is by far the
worst because everyone can see it, you can't conceal it. My face sweats
so much that my social life is almost dead and I can't even live a normal
life in public.

I've tried Secure Wipes, Robinul/Avert, Face Saver Gel, Extra Strength antiperspirants... nothing works. My face, forehead, and scalp
still sweat and sweat whenever I walk up stairs or move around
or do anything physical or go to a hot place.

It's so horrible and embarrassing!!

Please, any good advice or tips?
Or better yet, any way to make this stop so I can actually
live a normal life again? It really is a disability when your
face is always so sweaty for everyone to see.

Hey my friend don't give up, never do, even if others tell u to live with it, cause i believe there is hope.

Facial sweating is indeed what u discribed above, i'll suggest to try "Certain dri" there two types one for underarms and other for feet.

The one for underarm works very well as miracle for the armpit but the one for the feet doesn't help much, however "certain dri feet" seems to help me on the face if u use this on the forhead around your face, u would notice the difference, try it out and see how it works.

You have to apply it before going to bed cause that's how it works and it may help u dry up to 3 days then repeat the action. Hope it helps!

kHanH

Hang in there mozart. I know exactly how you feel since i have the same exact problem. Hopefully some miracle will come our way and have a cure for HH.

margiehope

Hello Mozart.
OMG you bring back horrible memories--face and head dripping (and I had to stand in front of a class of teenagers, always a sympathetic crew--NOT).
I makes me sad that Robinul/Avert hasn't worked for you. As melodramatic as it sounds, for me it was life-changing.
You seem to have explored most options, so I hate to even ask, but have you seen a doctor and gotten blood tests, especially for thyroid and diabetes?
Hope you find an answer, but even if you just need to vent, this forum can be a big help.

Hi Mozart,

I have the same condition. I sometimes feel that others with underarm hh have it easy compared to us with facial sweating as we cannot hide it, although I know it is not true.

I use Pro-Banthine, it also causes dry mouth like the other anticholorinic(sp) medication.

I have only been using it for a short while and the results have been good, I live in South Africa and in summertime the sun is scorching.

We have to keep believing and keep positive, I, myself have also gone through the same emotions as you. Explaining hh to someone that does not suffer from the condition is moot as they won't be able to understand the anxiety ANY social event can cause. Even events that you really should be looking forward turns into nightmares.

Try Pro-Banthine and use odaban too, this should work. If not, we will keep looking.

margiehope

Also, have you explored Botox? It is done for cranio-facial sweating, though I don't know anyone who's tried it. Worth asking about, anyway.

L

LRU

I have used oral antichol. combined with beta blockers, and still sweat.
I then tried topical Secure, highest dose as the first time using it, still sweat. Then I tried it by applying it a few hours before whatever social setting I was going to be in, and it worked. It worked for a few days straight. So, if you havent tried to apply it a few hours before needing it, then try it like that. If you put it on right before you 'need' it, then I dont think it will work so well.