Facial Feature formation

SocialRetahd

Apparently there is now correlation between your hormone level and your facial features...

High testosterone or high estrogen correlates with high cheekbones. Also, high testosterone correlates with development of chin.

Me for example, I had low testosterone, which I blame on the anti-depressants and bullying. My cheek bones are nonexistant. I have no facial structure.

SocialRetahd

Also, the way you breath when you're asleep affects your facial formation. People who breath through their mouths have longer faces.

Foxglove

I have to say that this sounds like a lot of bunk. Your facial bone structure is entirely dependent on your genetics. I doubt that everyone with high cheekbones, like people from Slavic countries, for instance, has a high testosterone/estrogen level. Hormones don't have anything to do with it. There are so-called studies on just about everything, but very few of these studies are qualified and serious.

SocialRetahd

Black people have the highest testosterone and usually have high cheekbones...Asians have the lowest testosterone and usually have low cheekbones.

Eh?

SocialRetahd said:
Apparently there is now correlation between your hormone level and your facial features...

High testosterone or high estrogen correlates with high cheekbones. Also, high testosterone correlates with development of chin.

Me for example, I had low testosterone, which I blame on the anti-depressants and bullying. My cheek bones are nonexistant. I have no facial structure.

What's so great about having high cheekbones? At least you don't have a big nose.

Velvet_J

Day_Tripper said:
SocialRetahd said:

What's so great about having high cheekbones? At least you don't have a big nose.

i wish this forum had applaud and smite opetions. I would applaud you for reppin' The Beatles. Good to see someone who likes real music.

SocialRetahd

Day_Tripper said:

True, but high cheekbones would fit my face.

I honestly believe that my the formation of my face was drastically affected by my prescription medication use and bullying.

kyle

Banned
SocialRetahd said:
Also, the way you breath when you're asleep affects your facial formation. People who breath through their mouths have longer faces.

I also heard people who eat frozen yogurt have higher cheekbones. :roll:

Velvet_J said:
i wish this forum had applaud and smite opetions. I would applaud you for reppin' The Beatles. Good to see someone who likes real music.

Thanks, glad to see someone who knows what good music is, haha

but high cheekbones would fit my face.

Do you know how many people there are who are considered "hot", that have facial flaws? In fact, I haven't seen one person in my life with a flawless face. To me, Sarah Jessica Parker look like a witch, and Matt Damon looks a bit like a caveman.

SocialRetahd

I am aware of the facial flaws that make us human. But all attractive people have great facial structure, that is not something you can go without.

For some reason, I have a strong chin but no cheek bones. This gives a very odd, ugly appearance.

Silvio

SocialRetahd said:
Ever noticed how football players have well defined cheekbones and jawline? Or pro wrestlers?

That is most likey down to the copious amounts of Human Growth Hormone they consume.

SocialRetahd

Cheekbones linked to testosterone

"In pubertal males, a high testosterone-to-estrogen ratio facilitates the
lateral growth of the cheekbones, mandibles, and chin; the forward growth of
the bones of the eyebrow ridges; and the lengthening of the lower facial bone."

-Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
(University of London)
Department of Computing

"For example, in men testosterone
facilitates the development of the chin, jaw, cheekbones and brow ridges. Largeness in these
traits may be favored as the result of sexual selection on these features (Trivers 1972)"

"[...]as are males will testosterone-enlarged features such as high cheekbones, strong
jaws, strong chins, and large noses (R. Thornhill & Gangestad, 1993)."

"For instance, the development of prominent cheek bones and a masculine chin is related to androgen levels and androgen/estrogen ratios during puberty (Fink & Penton-Voak, 2002; Tanner, 1990). Chronic illness during this time can suppress androgen secretion, which would result in the development of less prominent cheekbones, a more feminine-looking chin, and, as a result, lower rated physical attractiveness (Thornhill & Gangestad, 1993)."

FUC|<

I wanna die. :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Severe depression is worse than some chronic diseases

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory?id=3569109

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070907/ts ... ressionwho

maggie

Day_Tripper said:
Velvet_J said:

Thanks, glad to see someone who knows what good music is, haha

but high cheekbones would fit my face.

Do you know how many people there are who are considered "hot", that have facial flaws? In fact, I haven't seen one person in my life with a flawless face. To me, Sarah Jessica Parker look like a witch, and Matt Damon looks a bit like a caveman.
i agree with you Day Tripper, on the Beatles and also what you say about being considered hot and having facial flaws. To me, considering someone to be 'hot' or attractive, takes in a whole lot of stuff. Honestly, just because a guy looks 'perfect' by most people's standards..doesnt mean i would find him attractive. To me, the most important part of a person is how they treat others..and respect others. It's a bonus if someone works out, i think, because it shows they respect their body, and try to stay fit and healthy. I'm not talking about 'perfectly' shaped body and huge rippling muscles either, i don't find that attractive. Just the other day, in the grocery store, i turned away from the freezer section, and almost bumped into this guy. It was soooo sweet how he looked at me, and said "oh, i'm so sorry miss", even though it was completely me almost walking into him :wink: ..he was maybe an inch shorter than me, bald..but had the nicest, kindest brown eyes. And i noticed him walking around the store afterwards, looking my way and smiling..No, i guess the general public wouldn't consider him to be one of the best looking guys walking the earth, but i would certainly liked to have gotten to know him, and would consider him to be a very sexy person.

SocialRetahd

This is what you see....

high cheekbones - sign of good immune system. You can handle a lot of testosterone in your system.

I would have had cheekbones if my testosterone wasnt shot to shit by bullies. NOW I'm ugly because of bullies.

Why do they continue to ruin my life?

maggie

SocialRetahd said:
This is what you see....

high cheekbones - sign of good immune system. You can handle a lot of testosterone in your system.

I would have had cheekbones if my testosterone wasnt shot to shit by bullies. NOW I'm ugly because of bullies.

Why do they continue to ruin my life?
i know what you're saying about the bullies continuing to ruin your life SocialRetahd..know what i'd like to do? See my bullies today, and fill them in completely on how they affected me, and screwed up my life. Especially the guy who pelted apples, and all kinds of shit at my head on the school bus, while calling me horrible racial names and shit..ripping my clothes one day..and then turning around and asking me out a few years later...such a complete asshole!!!!!!!! :evil: Sorry, kind of a rant..still really gets to me..but honestly..for your own sanity, you have to try to let go of those memories, they can only hurt you and continue to affect you negatively. It's hard, i know, but it's completely up to you now to be strong and not let them have power over you anymore..i had to do the same thing before i could move forward. And the ugly thing? Trust me, i've felt that way too..but the bullying affects your self-esteem big time, and you're not as ugly as you think you are. I can tell now that i'm considered attractive by others..but i still feel the 'ugliness' and worthlessness i felt before. I've seen many really 'attractive' guys checking me out, and know what? I don't give a shit how high their cheekbones are, how chisled their faces are, how much hair they have, how muscular their muscles are..how rich they are, what kind of car they drive, how confident they are..what matters to me? what attracts me? someone who is humble, quiet, holds the door open for me, polite, treats me with respect, eats healthy, nice kind eyes, fresh breath, respects his body..and mine..hehe...you know what i mean? it's different for everyone, and i am only one woman on the face of the earth. Think of the many different women on earth and what they might find appealing..it's not just about how you look. Your looks are way less important than how you treat people..and respect people..and respect yourself..that's what matters :wink: Good luck socialretahd, i wish you the best in moving past what the bastard bullies have done to you and made you feel..and moving forward :)