Extreme sports

Rainman

I am not at all sporty. I was always chosen last at school for any sports, and besides, I myself did not show any interest in sports. I wonder what it would have been like if I had been sporty.

I think I would have been a lot more energetic, than I am today. I would be enjoying life much more and I would be confident. But, why wallow about the past, I can still do the same today and I think it maybe that jolt of life I need to overcome my fear of speaking with people. I want to go really extreme, and do something like skydiving(!) i.e. jumping out of a plane. Actually, that is the only sport I can think of when I think extreme. The other, Bunjee jumping, just does not appeal to me!

Anybody here, who has ever done something like this or considered it themselves?

Rainman

I probably wouldn't mind Kayaking. If it's anything like the rapids ride at amusement parks, it could be A LOT OF FUN!

Aramoor

Well I have done a bit of paddling, I'd recomend it. You can make it as hard or dangerous as you want. There is a lot of skill involved, not like bungie jumping or somerhing. Theres loads of different types of white water paddling from freestyle to steep creeks and waterfalls to chose from as well. Lots of teamwork too.

DemonDayz

I have been exercisin' my ass off recently (it's supposed to help with depression, and should boost my self esteem ;) ). I've been lookin' into sports too, and there is a sport that I'm a big fan of, Le Parkour. It's basically doing crazy stuff off of normal obsticals, man made or naturual, and it's pretty extreme. You have to be in really good shape mind ya, and it's hard because sometimes people are watching you, but it could be good to help with your SAD/SP.

cLavain

Well, I have parachuted four times, and while it's cool to have done it, it didn't do much for my SA or depression. I find that actual exercise works much better for that purpose. Kayaking seems like a good idea because it's more strenuous and probably fun too.