Experience... and the welcoming of fear

Vancouver

So I have a theory of sorts. What if all that matters in life is experience? What if we can be comforted by the thought of fear... if we know it serves us a better purpose? For example, entering a particularly scary social situation. Normally panic is the first response... followed by strategically plotted ways to get out of encountering what we fear...

But what if we go toward the fear with the idea of conquering it? What if both the good and bad experiences all amount to the same damn thing in the end? What if experience alone is the key to overcoming our deepest of fears?

Maybe we can't avoid the fear. Maybe it's best to let it just happen. Find comfort in it somehow... and build onto your experience amounting to bigger and better things. And eventually... be ultimately free of fear.

Think it could happen? Think I'm crazy? Just post something. I wanna hear some opinions on the topic for those of you who want to eliminate - rather than avoid - their anxieties and fear.

SilentType

Banned
Brilliant. I doubt we'll ever outrun this monkey thats on our back, but it'd certainly be nice to get to know him a little better and befriend him rather than let him torture us for the rest of our lives.

Peace

Fusion with your thoughts
Evaluation of experience
Avoidance of your experience
Reason giving for your behavior

The Beatles said:
Come on come on
Come on is such a joy
Come on is such a joy
Come on take it easy
Come on take it easy
Take it easy take it easy
Everybody's got something to hide except me and my monkey.

The deeper you go the higher you fly
The higher you fly the deeper you go
So come on come on
Come on is such a joy
Come on is such a joy
Come on make it easy
Come on make it easy.

Take it easy take it easy

Your inside is out and your outside is in
Your outside is in and your inside is out
So come on come on
Come on is such a joy
Come on is such a joy
Come on make it easy
Come on make it easy
Make it easy make it easy