Every step that I take means a new trouble

Spfreezes

I want to start from the beggining. Everything started 3 years ago when I was just a 17 year old high school student or maybe I have already had it but haven't realised at all. I had to give a presentation in front of my class which is full of my friends and found myself shaking and stuttering becouse of being completely nervous.

Then I started to be anxious in other situations like being in a cafe, restourant, party... After, I went to doctor and used low dose of antidepressants and a betablocker. Then my anxiety and some fears have gone in a year.

However it was not as good as it seems. I'm not sure if I have always been sweating or it began after meds or in only particular situations like being strained. But I now see obviously that I'm sweating considerably which makes people look at me me in a way that I'm a weirdo. I always tried to prove that its normal to sweat but when I saw people around me sitting or waiting quite pleased I accept it.

Also when I sweat abnormally I begin to feel tensed and I think my face looks weird, I could not decide how to look and generally its look is in a mix of anger, stress and complication. That thing finally made me mad and now I decided to use antiperspirant in order to prevent sweating but what good is it? Even if it's useful, any other problem will occour somehow. Then I'll probably be obsessed with looking weird, talking silly,
being shy or walking funny, shortly being myself. Who am I kidding?

Anyway, despite of being desperate I'll try it too to say that I tried everyting that I could do. I just don't know when will I throw all these chemicals. I just go on living.

You can't start from the beginning, so get that out of your head. But you can make changes today.

Seems like you're having extremely paranoid thoughts in social situations, which can be exhausting I know. The way to overcome this is to consciously take control of your thoughts and your physiology (body language and breathing).

As soon as you catch yourself having a paranoid thought, stop. Let the thought pass, and focus on your breathing. Take in a nice slow, smooth, deep, comfortable breath and let it out slow. Let the tension out of your body. Lean back and relax. Become an expert at this, learn to catch yourself quicker. Eventually you'll start having these paranoid thoughts less and less. Keep us posted and stay strong.

Spfreezes

SickeningJoke said:
You can't start from the beginning, so get that out of your head. But you can make changes today.

Seems like you're having extremely paranoid thoughts in social situations, which can be exhausting I know. The way to overcome this is to consciously take control of your thoughts and your physiology (body language and breathing).

As soon as you catch yourself having a paranoid thought, stop. Let the thought pass, and focus on your breathing. Take in a nice slow, smooth, deep, comfortable breath and let it out slow. Let the tension out of your body. Lean back and relax. Become an expert at this, learn to catch yourself quicker. Eventually you'll start having these paranoid thoughts less and less. Keep us posted and stay strong.

You are right. Thank you for advicing me the breathing exercise it's useful but what can I do about that sweating? I can't control it by my thoughts.

SickerJoke

Spfreezes said:
You are right. Thank you for advicing me the breathing exercise it's useful but what can I do about that sweating? I can't control it by my thoughts.

Anxiety is most likely making you sweat. You're feeling anxious because of your thoughts. Maybe you're worried about sweating, so you sweat even more. If you can relax, you probably won't sweat.

danstelter

SickeningJoke said:

This is excellent advice! Follow it! Your medication is reactionary and only treats the symptoms, not the core problem of anxiety. The symptoms continued to grow and change in nature, to the point where they worked around the medication.

If you treat the core problem of anxiety, your symptoms (sweating and others) will reduce. The technique mentioned above is excellent. Two other great ways to reduce anxiety are to exercise regularly and see a counselor to talk about your anxiety. Talking about your struggles is one of the most effective methods of defeating them (I used counseling for just 3 months and it helped a TON).

You can use medication, but medication does not "cure." It only suppresses symptoms, forcing them to change. Medication can be used, but it is only helpful in combination with other things like exercise and counseling. Good luck, keep up the good work, keep us posted, and you will find that you will be doing better and better every day!