ETS for Palmar? Need opinions.

krazyj

Ok. I'm considering ETS for palmar hyperhidrosis and I need opinions on it.

My thoughts are this. If it comes down to it and move 100% of the sweating from my hands to other areas of my body (think CS to the maximum degree), would it not be easier to cover and treat than palm sweating?

For example, say I have the worst case scenario and all of the sweating on my hands is rerouted, in the form of compensatory sweating, to my chest. First off, wouldnt my chest ventilate better than my hands being that it is a larger plane and any sort of wind would dry it off alot better than having closed, lesser area of hands?

Second, wouldnt the other possible areas (chest, back, legs) absorb Drysol alot better than my hands would and, therefore, be easy to try with Drysol?

I have severe axillary hyperhidrosis which has been compeltely treatable with Drysol. I do not think that the hands absorb Drysol as well for various reasons but I feel that my chest, legs, and back would all absorb Drysol like a sponge and could absorb even 100% of CS should it be relocated there.

What does everyone think?

This all hinges on the idea that the amount of CS would equal the original amount of sweating on my hands.

blong

there have been plenty of discussions similar to this on this forum. Search for them and read the different opinions.

CS can be much much worse, I personally would not even consider it. People have destroyed their lives with that surgery

wethandsandfeet

Try Iontophoresis. I had lots of trouble getting it to work (see my earlier posts). However, after advice from Markus Binder, I now have palms that are for the most part dry. I do maintenance treatments 1/week.

krazyj

wethandsandfeet said:
Try Iontophoresis. I had lots of trouble getting it to work (see my earlier posts). However, after advice from Markus Binder, I now have palms that are for the most part dry. I do maintenance treatments 1/week.

Care to link to the advice from Markus Binder?

krazyj

Nix that. I've got a Fischer machine that I use religiously. Still... it doesnt offer full treatment of my palmar hyperhidrosis. There are days, like today, that my hands are just as sopping wet as they always are. I've got a job fair today, too, which promises to be an embarrassing experience, as well.

This is why I'd like to give ETS a serious consideration...

Ben, do you have any specific, concrete examples of ETS being seriously bad for palmar? Palmar sounds relatively safe with relatively minimal CS. If the CS is axillary or palmar, that is completely manageable. Chest wouldnt be too bad. Legs and crotch might be kind of tough.

larold

ETS worked for me

I had MicroETS done by Dr. Nielson in San Antonio, Texas. I got it done for hands and armpits (feet didnt bother me much since covered). He did T2-T4 and since I have been sweat free in those areas, including feet too. I was and still am amazed on how well the surgery has went. I do CS on my chest a little and my back, but those areas cool down and dry very quickly...my hands, armpits, and feet never did and continued to sweat no matter the temperature...now i only sweat when needed (really hot outside/physical activity). I am very satisfied...I know there are a lot that regret the surgery and say it ruined their lives so you just have to weigh your options..nothing else worked for me and i could not stand it anymore and figured nothing could be as bad as what i was going through and finally took the plunge. Also I am happy to say my insurance covered everything...I only had to pay for the plane ticket, hotel, and deductible. Anyways...good luck to you, i'm sure you will figure a good solution out for yourself!

tiny83

krazyj - I have palmar HH and axillary too. The underarms work with the topical for me as well. And when I dont use it I could pretty much hide it. I dont like to use it all the time due to irritation so I just use when necessary. But the palmar kills me it's so embarassing. I'm going to be trying Botox injections for Hands. Underarms supposedly very successful that people say, hands I hear there is a difference. My insurance covers it so giving it a shot, what the heck. I get more desparate as the time goes by, but I won't do the surgery or take any pills unless I had it absolutely horribly and in more places. But I guess it works for some people as seen on the board. Just not my bag.