enlarged pupils from panic attack? is that normal

jessica41481

i had a panic attack last night and my pupils were enlarged in both eyes. i took. and my heart was racing. is this normal to happen?

TAMPA-BAY

yup

Absolutely! I am supprised that you didnt mention watery eyes from the pupils being so enlarged.

Have you tried wearing sunglasses. I ve notice a lot of people with anxiety love to wear realy dark sunglasses when ever possible.

But dont wory about reacting like a deer in the headlight. Thats what anxiety attacty causes to us physicaly.

jessica41481

thank you for the reply

it would be nice to talk to someone who has been having panic attacks like me. i feel kind of alone with this and i freak out. do you have AIM

if so, mine is jessica41481

just sharing the things you go through with yours will help me a great deal. it scared the heck out of me last night!

hiya

your pupils enlarging during a anxiety/panic attack is perfectly normal. its caused from an imblance of serotonin in your brain. (a brain fart) if you will lol

Yes this would be normal, and will often happened when you are stressed out and have panic attacks and stuff. I have a big problem with my pupils too, where they don't dilate very much at all, which makes them super light sensitive, so I HAVE TO wear sunglasses when I am outside, and it helps a lot. So if you are worried about it you may consider that./