Emotions obscure, and I never said a word.

Sure_whynot

"You have no spirit for overcoming anything"

I just got into an argument with my Mom, and she said that to me. I was being polite, I urged the severity of my HH, and that was her response. I walked away, shut the door to my room, and cranked my Hardcore music on I-tunes.

All I wanted was for her to say "Ok, I'll keep working on the insurance problem".
Anything would have been better then belittling my problems. (she said other stuff too, but its just that same statement in different words)

I dont know If im about to explode with anger or crumble into depression.
I cant be independent right now because im still in High school.

If anyone else had said that to me I'd have just said yeah well, F**k you. Your words mean nothing.

But it was my Mom... my only form of support/guidance since my parents are divorced.

This was a rant, sorry. Its just a wake up call, when you realize that your own family doesn't support you.

I hate my life.

TheNewZero

I'm sorry about your mom. My mom gives me a hard time too, and I feel the same way. Sometimes I get so angry that I feel like leaving and never coming back, just to make them feel bad. It's hard when you're family doesn't support you. The only thing I can say to you is your mom's human too. People don't say horrible things to their children unless they have something wrong with their lives or themselves. I'm sure she does support you, but maybe she doesn't understand you or doesn't know how to deal with what you're going through.

Rise Against

Tell her that you really need her support and tell her how you really feel. She doesnt understand how you feel. I think that if you tell her she will understand.

anxietyalways

Wow I'm sorry about your Mom. She probably has no aptitude to understand your HH. Have you tried describing to her the little details of how it impares your life? My parents didn't understand until I really drove it home how unhappy it was. Show her how it affects you. Show her medical research on how it is just not "overcome". Explain to her the options for treatment. I have no insurance and have found ways online to help treat my HH. (Ionto, Avert ordered from Canada, Odaban...) What kid of HH do you have?

Hey there - so sorry to hear those words said to you, no one should say that to another. Hyperhydrosis is tough, many people I have tried to talk to about it seem to dismiss it, they tend to say that it happens to them too, when they're nervous or whatever, but if they had it themselves, they would KNOW, you know?

I'm sure your mother said what she did in anger, although I know it must be tough to deal with right now. I think that everyone who has this condition DOES have the spirit to overcome, because we overcome this condition everyday and go about our business and live our lives. From reaching out your hand to shake another's to remaining calm and cheerful on a hot day, to that wipe down before you sign a piece of paper, to the confidence you have to master to ANYTHING with your hands on a bad day.

So take heart, you know that you're doing the best you can and plenty of people on this forum do too, so just take a moment out and breathe. You'll wake up tomorrow wanting to learn more about this condition and continue to explore all the ways to deal with it and by that, you'll know that you have the spirit to overcome and that's the most important.

margiehope

Hi!
I DO understand how hurtful your mother's comment must have been.

Then too, I was also a single mother . Yours probably worries more than you can know about keeping a roof over your head, hoping you'll go on to school and turn out OK, and in general feeling seriously burdened.

Let her know more about how HH affects you--but turnabout's fair play too.

Sure_whynot

Hi!
I DO understand how hurtful your mother's comment must have been.

Then too, I was also a single mother . Yours probably worries more than you can know about keeping a roof over your head, hoping you'll go on to school and turn out OK, and in general feeling seriously burdened.

Let her know more about how HH affects you--but turnabout's fair play too.

I know I cant even begin to imagine how much she worries or what her huge responsibilities must feel like.

But none of those things will matter If I don't make through the next year.

Rise Against

But none of those things will matter If I don't make through the next year.

Are you really thinking about suicide? If so, you really should get some help. It might be hard to imagine, but you can overcome anything if you really set your mind to it and stay positive. I understand how your feeling (i was very depressed once too) but just try to stay positive. and by the way, your not alone.

Sure_whynot

Are you really thinking about suicide? If so, you really should get some help. It might be hard to imagine, but you can overcome anything if you really set your mind to it and stay positive. I understand how your feeling (i was very depressed once too) but just try to stay positive. and by the way, your not alone.

In a less literal meaning. To me, giving up on myself and on all of my future dreams is the same as dieing. Im not here to survive life, I want to experience it.

The day I put my guitar down, drop out of school, and get a labor job, will be the day I die.

Thank you for your concern though, people who care are in short supply on this Earth.