Embarassing OCD

Rick7348

Does anyone here have such embarrassing ocd thoughts that you can't even bring yourself to tell it to anybody. I'm in that situation right now. I basically just want some advice on how to get over the ridiculous nagging thoughts that make no sense and that bother me. How do you personally deal with it?

Rockhopper

My thoughts are so stupid I feel really embarrassed about them. Unfortunately my OCD requires me to ask questions about these stupid thoughts to one certain person. Therefore my embarrassing thoughts are revealed. Later on when I look back at some of them it is ridiculous, however at the time, they seem so important. The way I deal with it is just tell this person I have a really stupid thought and it's is really embarrassing. What you need to do is find someone you trust who won't judge you, to confide in. Sometimes it's a relief just to be able to tell someone your thoughts. Sometimes I even have a laugh with my person about how silly my thoughts are.

Last edited:
Oh yeah.. i really have the most ridiculus thoughts..
But i'm really open so i sometimes do tell them to people
but some thoughts are really embarrassing
i just keep them as a secret

Rick7348

Thanks. I have a psychologist that I go to but I never really talked about my OCD there. Friday I think I will. I have so many problems and OCD is just one more thing I have to carry around.