Embarassed about Sexuality

Dak

Re: blushing and sexuality

erdie said:
tucker25 said:
hi
i used to have this problem,ir really cripled me socially.like most forms of sp it is based on a fear of being percieved negatively by another.for some reason in ur head u may thinh u are sexually inferior.with me it was late physical development and also i was shy around girls and was afraid people would think iwas gay.u should work on ur inner thoughts-challenge them-u have nothing to be embarrased about in ur sexuality-alss dont hide ur blushing like i did it feeds the fear and makes it worse.contact me for more advice if u want
Tucker25 I have to agree with you, I am 40 now but when I was younger I coudn't talk to girls and all my mates were getting girlfriends and I wasn't and I think people thought I was gay, which I found embarrasing.
But for some reason it has got even worse lately though, I work with a gay bloke and someone at work said something about the 2 of us being an item and I went bright, bright red. I told my wife and daughter about this when I got home from work and went red again, now I think that I have somehow got this into my mind about going red over this subject that if someone mentions gays around me or on the tv I go red as I think my wife is looking at me accusingly. I have not got anything against gay people but I have never had any gay feelings so I don't know why this is happening.

Hi, You have my sympathy. I was bullied when I was younger - my first job people said I was gay, I just lacked confidence. Ever since then I have gone red at mention of the subject and it is ruining my life. Im now 33. I have a wonderful daughter from a previous relationship and am on great terms with her mother. I have a new girlfriend too, but other parts of my life are a misery. People at my current work think Im gay because I go red and its getting worse. The worse thing is I get anxious and stressed and find it hard to talk properly too. It got to a point where no-one could speak to me at work without me blushing but I've got a little better over the last two weeks. I'm so frustrated with it. I've started worrying about the future, if things will get worse.

emmalouise

its funny because sex and blushing obviously have a link. the author of the www.blushpage.com programme talked about it. it makes so much sense as sex is a very personal thing and you dont want to talk to people about it. but if you can change your mental attitude and realise that everyone is in the same boat it makes you feel less unique.

blushing seems to be heavily connected with your fears of being judged and of what people think of you.