EFT Emotional Freedom Technique

polly

I've tired this for two off my phobia's it was fantastic. Bit weird, you have to tap certain parts off your body and say certain words, but ha it worked for me, and I did it over the phone.

magda74

Hi Polly,
i've never heard of this b4, it sounds interesting. could you tell us a bit more about how it works or more about the process?

btw, welcome to the site :)

polly

well you have to tune into a specifc event, and give it a score out off 10. 10 causes high anxiety 0 no anxiety. you then say a setup sentence and then start tapping your face at certain points, think they called meridian points. After only 3 rounds I was at a 0, took less then 10 minutes. Very weird, but bloody good.

magda74

this is interesting. so how do you know when your down to zero, what determines it? and who offers this phone service?

just a side note, but when i was 9 or 10 i was taken to see a therapist due to ptsd and he did something kind of similar. he would have me hold my arm out and and ask a series of questions. he would push lightly on my arm after each question. when he mentioned a subject that had negatively affected me, he could push my arm down easilly. if no affect, my arm would have the strength to stay up. i guess the theory is that emotional reactions will drain your strength. weird huh?

polly

the memory or event is still there, but theres no emotional connection, some parts off it just fell away, couldn't recall it. I found the guy through a friend. His site is www.freedom-therapy.co.uk

Hope this help

Link80

I have been doing EFT now for about 3 months whilst it hasnt gievn me a miricle cure (we can but wish) it has dulled some of my anxietys.
Give it a shot :)

logitechdog

That's problem with this part the lack of information the people trying to help you get better give you out on threatment's or even offering them in the first place.

nope havent tryed it but saw it on a london tv show with a woman whos expert in the field of sp related subjects