effexor

jojosparkles

is anyone on effexor? im on cipralex escitalopram 20mg but my sex drives is shot to bits and although im happy i want to have me sex drive back. i have been on citalopram and its crap so i fink i might get put on effexor. with working in the pharmacy i kno that all pharmacists recommend that as the best anti depressant. i was wonderin bout anyones experience of the drug? xx

betty

I AM ON EFEXOR AND SO FAR I LOVE IT, WHICH IS ODD SINCE IM STILL IN THE FIRST 2 WEEKS. THAT IS USUALLY THE HARD AREA TO AJUST, NO PROBLEMS WITH SEX DRIVE. I HIGHLY RECOMEND IT. BETTY

nedkelly

Not to sour anyone's experiences with Effexor, just to note....don't forget to go without it, once your on it.
Withdrawl is really high.
I did a couple of times, and was very ill.
Good luck to all of you with it though.

betty

withdrawls

oh my, thak you for that info, i didnt read it anywhere. May i ask the ill symptoms? And how long it took to withdrawl?
nedkelly said:
Not to sour anyone's experiences with Effexor, just to note....don't forget to go without it, once your on it.
Withdrawl is really high.
I did a couple of times, and was very ill.
Good luck to all of you with it though.

Septor

I was on Effexor for a while although it didn't do me any good.The only side affect that I had was a loss of appetite and dry mouth.

I don't know maybe i'm weird but didn't have any problem with withdrawals from it other then feeling a little weak but then went away in a couple of days.Although it's different for each person.

nedkelly

I'm so sorry betty, i hope i didn't worry you too much about it.
As Septor said, everyone is different. But i was told by a few doctors of it's withdrawl effect, and had heard from others who experienced the same problems.
I went without it for a few days, as i didn't have a script, and no doctors were open, so i had to ride it out so too speak.
I got very anxious/sweaty/couldn't sleep(which probarly didn't help, as i have severe insomnia anyhow), and symptoms i couldn't really explain.
But at the time i remembered thinking....is this what it's like to have a drug addiction(i wondered)? I was pretty close to going into the pshyc ward as i was so wired up. I didn't, but when i got the effexor back into my system i felt much better, even though it didn't work that great for me. Maybe because i was on a fairly high dose/ and then going cold turkey didn't help. And if you were to discontinue with effexor, and lowered your dose slowly, you wouldn't get as sick.
Again hope i didn't scare you, just trying to help out, and hopefully avoid you getting sick :oops:
Take care betty :)

carebear

effexor seemed to work for my depression but when it comes to ocd and social anxiety it didn't work for me. It worked for the 1st coupla months then it went flat. not saying it will do the same for you but just a note that all drugs don't work the same for all people.
I have ocd with soical anxiety so i tend to critisize myself obsessively when i am in public. i just switched from effexor to lexapro about a month ago and it is working wonders. finally, i feel free..its like a 20lb weight has been lifted. i am now able to say stuff freely and i don't feel like my words get caught in my brain.
not sure if anyone else has ocd w/sa but it really really sucks. :roll:

http://www.myspace.com/leelo_x (add me!)

bluenow

carebear said:
finally, i feel free..its like a 20lb weight has been lifted. i am now able to say stuff freely and i don't feel like my words get caught in my brain.

That is just awesome. I love to hear good news like that :D

I've been on effexor for a few years. Sexual side effects not that bad. Bad part is trying to get off of them. Last year I went down 1 GRAIN a day and finally stayed at 1/2 dose for months. I was very depressed the whole time. So I went back to full dose. Looks like I'm on them forever.
For me it helps with depression and somewhat with anxiety.