Effexor 37.5

Cory1980

my doctor is puttin me on Effeor only 37.5 for a few weeks and may increase he said, now i am totally scared that i may have a horrible side effect from this can anyone plz calm my brain about this so i can stop staring at the pills and maybe actucally take one!! when i get new pills to take can even be an antibiotic it takes me at least a week before i can actucally swallow a pill....
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Septor

I would not worry about.Honestly Effexor has less side affect then a lot of antidepressant out there.You not going to have some horrible side affect .Just try and take it and try not to dwell on the 1% chance of having some bad side affect happening.When I took it I did not have any side affect at all. :D

tecknohed

Efexor normally works pretty quickly, and its also a safe med to augment should you choose that route.

You may need to come off it slowly should the need occur, and temporarily adding prozac can help avoid any withdrawals. Many people report 'zaps' when comming off, which feels a little like an electric surge through the brain. Not as bad as it sounds believe me. People make it worse by worrying about it.

Mind you, whenever I've been on Efexor I just stop it suddenly without much problems, and thats from up to 300mg.

I'd say its a good choice if its your first try with a med, though pointless if you've tried & failed several SSRIs.

Good luck! You'll be fine.

Dilzem

im taking Efexor i thought it was just me what u said about that electrical surge i get that if i stop taking it it aint that bad but it does happen

tecknohed

Yeah, it happens to most people infact. But it only becomes a problem for those who worry about what it is - like, "what the hell's wrong with my head?! Is it a tumor?! Has Efexor permanantly damaged my brain?! etc..."

But its really nothing, just a strange part of the drug's chemistry. Unpleasant maybe, but not dangerous.

Teck.

shrnwarks

Hi cory :) I took 225mg of efexor (venlafaxine) for 3 years. I cant say that i had any side side effects from them (only weight gain which i was told wouldnt happen with efexor!) I must say that these anti d's really did help with my depression and my SP :) The only bad thing about taking them was the coming off them (which took me a year!) but i guess you get that with all anti d's. If i did forget to take them though i did get get the funny dizzy head thing lol (whats that?!) Hope you are feeling much better taking them?

Im still on 37.5 dropped down from 150mg because I am now on another drug with it. and I never had side effects when I took effexor by itself, but when I started my new meds I did have some side effects, nothing serious, just like feeling really high on three cups of coffee feeling and the doc said thats a sign to lower the effexor down, now im more anxious, so i gotta go back tomorrow and see if i can get on something else that wont have those effects. 8O

shrnwarks

Came off Effexor a few months ago and felt great for a while but have now started to feel really anxious and down again! I have to get a bus to work which i now find very hard to do! I have even rang friends to take me to work some days because when the bus arrived i just couldnt get on as there were too many people already on it! When i do get on a bus i have to sit on the back seat (as think people cant stare at me then) i also have to have a window open too, to cool me down as get really hot and sweaty!

Anyway.....have gone back on Effexor, 75mg for a month, now on 150mg. My mood have improved greatly but still feeling really anxious.....my GP says that i will have to stay on this dose for a month before increasing it back to 225mg....fingers crossed!