DRYSOL Mild & NEAT FEAT face saver

mattbarneswillkillu

Happy Holidays! I decided to get both drysol mild and neat feat face saver for christmas. I've read one report on the neat feat face saver here and it sounds like a winner. Also, a few ppl have complained about how they feel burning from drysol. The mild is diluted so hopefully it takes care of the burning, has anyone tried it? Both products should be arriving next week so until then drip drip, and i'll let you all know how they/I turn out.

JP81

I use Drysol for under my arms and yeah it can itch, but it's a price I'm willing to pay. It works best if you don't use too much.

mattbarneswillkillu

JP do you use the extra strength(20%) ? i hear if you use vaseline or petroleum jelly it can take the itch away. also i ordered the mild(6%), so im hoping that will take some of the itch away. but yea to be dry im willing to itch all over.

JP81

Yep I use the 20% one about 3-4 times a week. I'll keep your tip in mind, cheers :)

mattbarneswillkillu

Ok, so today tried the Neat 3B Face Saver Gel (aluminum Chlorohydrate 20%). The 50g tube is rather small so I carefully squeezed out an appropriate amount that covered my forehead and upper lip area. Applying the gel was easy and painless. So today I applied the gel before biking to the post office to pick up my drysol mild.
It was a cool day so the external heat had little to no effect on my perspiration. As im walking into the office i feel nice and cool (psychological). As Im standing in line i start to feel my body heat rush towards my head which is usually when the sweating starts. Now it's my turn in line and while approaching the package lady I believe i'm beginning to sweat but to my suprise I dont. Once i got a chance to look in the mirror I see that my forehead is damp, but not too noticable or dripping.
So as of day 1 i'm not overly impressed, but it did make a noticable difference on the amount of sweat coming from my forehead. I probably could've applied more but I wanted to be careful on my first application. Tonight I will try Drysol Mild & i'll be back with an update

mattbarneswillkillu

Day 2 of Drysol (mild): - head HH

I had high hopes for today which may have been a mistake for any HH victim. So I woke up washed the drysol off as instructed and began my day. I was meeting a friend about 8 miles away, so i decided to ride my bicycle to enjoy the cool weather (68degrees). I rode fast with confidence knowing that this was my 2nd day on drysol and it's effects are supposed to kick in on the 2nd or 3rd day. So I got to my friends work and glanced at a mirror and saw nothing! I was as dry as arizona. Then I start trying on shoes in at his store and a manager walks towards me and I had the confidence to START a conversation, no sweat (pun intended). I felt my head warming and the floodgates beginning to break but they were sealed...
Later I went to the gym to play basketball, which is where the levees broke . I know that im supposed to sweat while engaging in physical activities, but the amount of perspiration I would normally produced was no different than today. Fortunately sweating is common and acceptable in a gym setting so it wasn't really a major/embarrassing episode, but I had just thought i'd be more on the dry side. Infact I used some of the face saver gel with the drysol to "double up" but it didn't help any.

Aside from the gym, I still believe drysol (mild) will work because the initial experiences seemed promising. so i'm looking forward to day 3 with that.

mattbarneswillkillu

Day 3 Drysol facial HH

Today wasn't any better than the past few days. I still felt like sweat came 2 easily .I'm thinking it's bcuz drysol(mild) doesnt hold up against physical activities. I'm really active. I play sports(basketball&soccer) for fun, fitness and to stay somewhat social and sweat is expected in these settings.

Maybe I should have gone with the regular strength drysol. Has anyone had success with that?

mattbarneswillkillu

Today I used the Neat Feat 3B face saver gel on my face. I applied it twice(once is not enough). First when i woke up and again an hour later. It worked fairly well. I felt nice and dry & very confident today. It was only 30$ so if you can't afford avert (BEST OPTION), the face saver cream isn't a bad option.

mattbarneswillkillu

First day of school...and I elected to go with Face Saver.

In my major, the professors emphasize unity, togetherness and familiarity so they have introductory activites in most of my classes. most of you will agree that the most dreaded time of the class is the very first day. The teacher asks everyone to introduce and say a little about themselves and you are nervously waiting for the your turn to stand up infront of the class. Your breathing patterns get erratic and you pre-plan whatever you have to say in your head. Your usually so nervous that you stutter or speak to quickly for others to understand, but today was different.

I with two seperate applications of Face Saver I went into each intro with confidence. I stood up expecting to start beading up, but nothing. Since I noticed I was still dry after saying the "hello my name is..." and " i went to blah blah blah over the break" i had more confidence to elaborate and interact. All in All today was a good day.

Avert has the same or better effects, but Face Saver can be a cheaper alternative if your $ is short

anonymous1990

Hey i have started using neat feat face saver too , do you find that sometimes when it dries it appears like a whiteish powder over your skin? any idea how to prevent this?

JP81

Ok my face saver arrived in the post yesterday. How do you guys apply it? I just rubbed a little bit in with my fingers and I think it worked.

In most situations I don't think I'd be confident enough to use the face saver on it's own though - probably use it in tandem with Avert.

anonymous1990

Yup that's what i do just make sure to check on the area you've applied it to every once in a while as it will dry and appear powdery over your skin.

mattbarneswillkillu

So tonight I went to our schools basketball game. I knew there would be thousands of people packed in our gym, so I planned accordingly. I used drysol(20%) last night and used the face saver gel several times throughout the day. I felt confident going in, but that was it. I went with my roomate so i Felt somewhat comfortable, but there is something that triggers the faucet everytime.
I made eye contact with my friends girlfriend, and she waved for me to come over to where she was sitting. So i got up, climbed over to where she was, and thats when it all started. Within the first 5 seconds, i felt sweat starting to bead up. Next thing i knew, i was wiping my forehead with both hands in the middle of our friendly conversation.

I think I like to talk to people and i'm not shy, but knowing the sweat is coming takes away from mysocial confidence. It's frustrating. I hope my insurance cover glyco.

mattbarneswillkillu

when all fails there is nothing like some good ol glyco. went to a party tonight, no sweat, felt great, made sum new friends. life is good...until it wears off

Knickerless

So tonight I went to our schools basketball game. I knew there would be thousands of people packed in our gym, so I planned accordingly. I used drysol(20%) last night and used the face saver gel several times throughout the day. I felt confident going in, but that was it. I went with my roomate so i Felt somewhat comfortable, but there is something that triggers the faucet everytime.
I made eye contact with my friends girlfriend, and she waved for me to come over to where she was sitting. So i got up, climbed over to where she was, and thats when it all started. Within the first 5 seconds, i felt sweat starting to bead up. Next thing i knew, i was wiping my forehead with both hands in the middle of our friendly conversation.

I think I like to talk to people and i'm not shy, but knowing the sweat is coming takes away from mysocial confidence. It's frustrating. I hope my insurance cover glyco.

You're HH is clearly heavily anxiety related. Have you spoke to you're doctor about anti-anxiety drugs? Don't take this a bad thing, far better to have secondary HH than primary as you can look for a possible cure rather than preventative medicines?

mattbarneswillkillu

Knickerless Thanks. Thats great news, i'll go see my doctor monday. I really do think my HH is caused by anxiety. I'm very self-concious on my appearance and other things. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again