Dreams without Socialphobia

Neebo

Sometimes I find that when I fall asleep I have dreams and in them I don't have SA/SP and I am perfectly normal! :D I've had quite a few dreams where I've found myself in all kinds of public and social situations. In one dream I found myself at a train station ready to get on a train completely on my own and I didn't feel anxious at all I was completely relaxed! Now in real life there is no way in hell I could do that on my own. In another one I found myself dancing and partying at a nightclub in London! :lol: Again I didn't have Socialphobia and was chatting to people and strangers I didn't know and having a really good time :) And in another one I found myself up in town shopping on my own. Again I was completely socialphobia free :) Now in real life I couldn't go shopping on my own as I couldn't face the crowd of shoppers by myself. I feel quite depressed when I wake up and realize that it was just a dream and I still have socialphobia and there is no way that I could do any of those things :( Does anyone else have dreams where they find that they don't have Socialphobia and can do things that non socialphobics take for granted?

black_mamba

Sadly my dreams don't take me beyond social phobia.

Its mad; I'm running around being chased by giant goblins breathing fire and chucking axes at my head but I still get nervous at the thought of screaming for help.

:lol:

Insane!

paul

Neebo,

I like this topic... when I have dreams, they're actually usually me with worse SA than I have now, strangely 8O One was a dream of the first day of school (for some reason our school was in the country, but that's beside the point), and I was having an anxiety attack because there was one person I didn't know. I'm not that bad right now, but that dream definitely wasn't comforting.

Once I had a dream that I was on a reality TV show (kind of like The Apprentice) and I got kicked out cuz I didn't talk enough; haha.

I know just what you mean when you say you wake up feeling depressed because it was just a dream. That happens to me a lot, but usually it's because I'm at an empty amusement park with just my close friends, or I have the power to freeze time, not because I don't have SA.

Cryptolysergick

black_mamba said:

Its mad; I'm running around being chased by giant goblins breathing fire and chucking axes at my head but I still get nervous at the thought of screaming for help.

Insane!

Im chased by a big boob in mine.

SPECTACULAR

Cryptolysergick said:
black_mamba said:

Insane!

Im chased by a big boob in mine.
I'm chased by everybody in mine!
I'm not kidding, and i also can fly somehow, but people can't.
though, there is some problems with the flying system because i fall on the ground many times and people are like five meters away from me, but i refly away from them each time! :lol:
It always ends when they catch me, i wake up right after the first one puts his hand on me. Not fair I guess!! 8)

Yossarian

I have anxiety dreams but strangely I have never been socially phobic in them :? I've never really thought about that until now. Usually although there may be a stressful thing going on or i am uncertain or frustrated, I am much more confident within myself or with other people.

pitkreet

I'm always SA in my dreams now, and invariably they just feel like an extension of my life.

I remember in one of my earliest SA dreams I had to interview Geoffrey Boycott in my back garden, for some unknown reason. I was really nervous whilst doing the interview and that made him all nervous too. It sucked big style. Why can't I have dreams about being chased by giant boobs? No not me, I get bloody Geoffrey Boycott.....mind you, it's nearly the same thing.