Dream from awhile back

Lostinthemusic

Several months ago I had a dream that was extremely vivid and that I wrote down. I decided I would post it. I don't know if it actually means anything as I don't really believe in dreams as omens or anything like that. But it was still extremely...interesting...and I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it looking back. I haven't shared it with anyone so I thought I would with you all first. So here's what I wrote:

I had a dream last night, I suppose you could classify it as a nightmare, that was quite strange, but at the same time, very interesting. It was very short and one in a chain of others which I can't remember, yet I know occurred. This dream in particular was of Death coming to take me away. I remember it in much detail, as might be expected, however I am writing this about 12 hours later, so some details may not be completely accurate.

I was sleeping in a bed when I heard a loud knocking on the glass window of a door. As I look up I see a dark figure standing on the other side of the frosted glass of a heavy, wooden office door. As I look around I notice I'm in what seems to be an old fashion law firm, but the desks and little lamps with those green shades have been replaced with beds. People sleeping in all of them. I see someone start to get up to answer the door for what I now somehow recognize as Death, but they stop and go back to their bed. The next thing I know Death is inside, I didn't see how, I just know the door is shut and nobody let it in. It starts searching the rooms, but in a strangely haphazard way. The door had two rooms to either side of it, a large room beyond that split into two sides, and a skinny, horizontally long room in back. This back room is where I was, just inside and to the left of the doorway. There were no internal doors. The figure of Death started it's search in the middle room, on the side to my right, then made it's way back to the first two rooms before coming straight for the back. The entire time this is going on I don't know who it is here for. I know no one in any room as far as I could tell. I just hope that it isn't after me. Everyone was silent and completely still, perhaps even still asleep. As it crossed into the back room it came up right next to me and I heard something along the line of, "Its time", in a quiet, yet somehow booming voice. I instantly knew it was directed at me. I could see it's scyth plummeting towards my chest, but all I had time to do was shout "No!" before it hit. I felt no pain, but instantly I could feel a white fog covering my vision and my mind. At the same time there was a strange sensation in my body that felt like energy rapidly flowing up and down through my torso and individual limbs simultaneously. Interestingly enough it wasn't the most unpleasant of feelings. However, in the midst of all this only one thought came to mind, 'NO'.

With that, and perhaps the realization of all I would miss, I fought back. Steadily everything started to clear and the face of Death, which was the last thing I could see through the fog, faded from view. As the last of the fog disappeared, I realized I was awake. Lying in my own bed and staring at the ceiling of my own room. I had experienced, and then come back from, the verge of death, all in less than a minute.