Drawing lines and being assertive

sullyS25

Do you have issues being assertive like I do? Sometimes in life do you represent a door mat to be walked all over because people know they can?

Well I certainly do and it is going to stop. I am sure it will be a gradual process and I have made a lot of progress already but there comes a time where being the nice, kind hearted person does damage to myself as a person and there is a certain point where I need to do something or say something to change what I do not like instead of continuously being uncomfortable or upset with the situation because I do not want to be perceived as a douche bag.

For a month and a half I have constantly been ignored by this girl who used to talk to me every day and see me every other day....Now I am lucky to get two texts a week and when I ask her why or if she wants me to stop talking to her or whatever and I get nothing....I know she battles depression and has various problems in her life but I have problems too and a major one is beating myself up when someone stops talking to me and doesn't tell me why.

I don't mind at all if I don't talk to this girl anymore, nor have I cared if this were to happen in the past but in the texts she has sent me it has made me believe she wants to talk so I have continued to put up with it....until today.

I finally just told her it would be better if we stopped talking and I feel like a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders...

If you actually read that and it was convoluted and didn't make since I apologize but I had to write something as it is a good release to vent these feelings.