Drama School, anyone?

Blundetto

Hey guys, hope all is well, just wondering if anyone here had any advice on getting into a decent drama school, as lately I've been thinking about getting back into acting, as at this point I seriously need something exciting in my life.
I did drama gcse back in high school and loved it, I always wanted to be an actor and filmmaker, despite my parent's warnings that it's a very hard profession to get into and that I should set my sights on something a little more 'grounded', my only ambition when I was younger was to get into acting and thought nothing could stop me...but I messed up my final year at high school, didn't take my exams seriously, didn't get the marks I needed to get onto a film course at college, and was suddenly thrown into the cruel 'real world'.
That's when my life started going downhill by the way, my life didn't take the turns I was so positive it would while I was in school. Perhaps you could of called me a dreamer, hell I still am,lol.
Anyway, I live in the Manchester area, and was wondering about any close by drama schools, and was also wondering about the required fees to get in.
I'm also trying to come up with ideas for a sitcom/comedy/drama I'm trying to write at the moment too, my main inspirations being shows like The Office, Extras, and Curb Your Enthusiasm...

suzycello

hey hey im complelty new this is my first post even but the title really caught my eye.its weird as i used to do drama too and teach it now which is really odd that i have social phobia as im not scared of people just them judging me so i get the weird sweting and blushing thing 9which luckily iv learnt to hide with make up) but anyway yeh crazy that people like us can have it as we appear so confident.im so pleased to hear though that you are getting back into it-means theres hope for us all.my advice is just one but i would say its best to go to a drama school rather than uni as they will take u seriously.drama schools tend to like people that are older rather than just turned 18 they like a bit of matruity blah blah.but i really think you are better off coming down south to italia conti or school of speech and drama.obv rada and guildhall are great but a couple of friends of mine have gone back to these and said they are very good
hope this helps
xxx