Don't you just wish you could start over?

PhantomPod

I mean, I know we can't, so it's sort of no use wishing, but I sure wish we could all just start over (with the knowledge we have now).

Now that I am out of school, it just feels so frustrating feeling that I have passed up the majority of my opportunities to make friends. So many people around my town still hang out with all of the kids they graduated from high school with. Yet I had no friends, so don't hang out with anyone.

I graduated college this year, and went through it making practically no friends. Like, I had little acquantinces, but I made absolutely no lasting friendships. My cousin just started college this year, and I just saw him today for Thanksgiving, and he has already made so many friends and has been having such a great time. He's sort of weird and nerdy like me and he met friends just like him who like doing all of the geeky activities he does. Yet, when I was at school I could never seem to find those geeky-type people like me who wanted to do things other than drink and party.

*sigh* If only we could all just start our lives over...

Angel_Of_Death

You mean you wish you could start over WIHTOUT the social anxiety...right ?

Because if you start all over again, and you still have the SA, what's to say things would be different this time ? What would've you done differently this time ?

Luna_LL

I don't know, i guess if i wanted to start all over i'd prefer to erase all the crap i learned thus far :)

PhantomPod

I feel like even if I still had SA, it would still be helpful to still have everything I learned thus far. And that I wouldn't have sat on the sidelines so many times when I had all of those opportunities for social events, and would have pushed myself more to just go for it instead of thinking that it didn't matter enough to put the effort in. Because it clearly did matter, if I am now left sitting here alone wishing I took part and just feeling like I didn't try hard enough or something.

Angel_Of_Death

PhantomPod said:
I feel like even if I still had SA, it would still be helpful to still have everything I learned thus far. And that I wouldn't have sat on the sidelines so many times when I had all of those opportunities for social events, and would have pushed myself more to just go for it instead of thinking that it didn't matter enough to put the effort in. Because it clearly did matter, if I am now left sitting here alone wishing I took part and just feeling like I didn't try hard enough or something.

Well right now you still have everything you've learned so far, which means you could work towards a better future instead of thinking of the past. I mean, if your at a point where your able to push yourself to go at social situations, and face your fear...then that's great. At this moment I personally don't feel the courage or will to go at social events. I find it hard to just sit down with my family and have family dinner.

Walk

PhantomPod said:

Same here, bro.

I think it's important to learn as many lessons as we can from negative experiences, but it's hard to deny that we still get those "fuck, if I could just change what I did that day, I wouldn't be in this mess"!

Solution? Probably to vent about those thoughts as we probably are in this thread :D Venting can be good, for the most part. Let those emotions and thoughts out.