Don't ya just hate it when these types of things happen?

Forgotten-Children

Theres a moment that a lot of people experience when just plain, bad luck occurs and it's not really your fault but have to suffer the consequences anyway?

Like say... this happened to me JUST now! I came home from my last day at work until I realised the front door was locked. Now normally, whenever this happens, we usually keep the kitchen door unlocked since the only ones in my family to have a key are my parents.... It was locked too...

I then remember that earlier today mom locked both the doors before she drove me to Maid Rite. The only problem is the fact that she wasn't home now. She was probably called into work.

I thought "OK, don't panic.", and then knocked on the door hoping my little sister was home after I took her place in work today seeing as my little brother and dad were out hunting. No answer...

"....f*ck...."

The only one's who were home were my cats (which, by the way, leads to another one of those bad luck moments).

Thinking for a moment, I looked up at the roof above the porch. I only needed a small ladder to climb up to my room's window. Now... I'm afraid of heights so this was utter hell for me, but I eventually climbed on top of the first roof. I hurried to my window only to find that it was locked aswell.

At that point I was starting to run out of options until I looked at the gameroom's window. Thank GOD it was unlocked. I managed to climb through and open the door.

The other thing that happened with one of my cats is that when my brother and dad went to go hunting, she ran out of the house and into the rain so she was so scared that she hid under the boat.

The only problem was... This happened at 4:00 AM in the morning... My sister came to me saying that she couldn't get her back in the house so she knew I was better at catching the cats whenever they wondered outside. I REALLY didn't want to do it because of how exhausted I was, but I put my coat on and looked around. I eventually saw her poke her head out, but when I did, she darted across the yard and into a bush.

I didn't want this to last for too long so I went back inside to get some catfood to use as bait (by shaking it). She poked her head out again and sniffed the food as I put it down, but didn't go for it. Instead, she wondered off somewhere where I couldn't see her, so I took the bowl and put it on the porch.

I knew I had to go back to bed because it was like 4:40 when I went back in. Max knew where the food was anyway and she wouldn't actually run away so I just went back to bed.

Sure enough, when I woke up, she was standing on the porch looking at me with a "poofed" tail so I opened the door wider and she ran back in.

So... yeah... You guys share your stories.

Last edited: