dont understand people sometimes

smileyshygirl

Hey every1 i was feeling pretty depressed 2day because of something bad that happened to me. Well, 2day for lunch i had to write an essay and i was supposed to go the library to do the assignment. Unfortunatley the library was closed so i couldnt go work on it there. I didnt want to go do the work at the table where my friends sit because they are too distracting. I finally decided to go sit outside in front of my schools science building and sit down on the ground to work. Well, i was sitting there for awhile doing my work, when i hear a girl that is like ten feet away walking with her friend say," if i was a loner i wouldnt sit all by myself for everyone to see, i would at least go find my friends." I was 100% sure she was talking about me because i was the only person sitting down in that area. Then, a little while later, two girls walk by me like 4 feet away, and one of them says," i should do my homework." I was also positve that she was talking about me as well because i was the only person sitting down doing my homework! So are these people purposely saying these comments for me to hear? or, is it just pure ignorance on their part? All opinions are welcome. P.S. what would you guys do in this situation?

well it seems like the first girl pretty ignorant and had no respect for your feelings, but some people are just like that...don't let them bring you down!!!!

As for the second girl it sounds like you just reminded her that she had to do her homework and she told her friend, don't think it was directed at you at all

First of all do not take that negative emotion seriously. I repeat, do not take that emotion seriously. It'll only make it worse with your Social Phobia because you experienced another negative event. One of the reasons why we get phobias is because of our experiences. Taking what happened to you today seriously will make you more insecure in the future.

You have to realize that there are people who will like you and that there are people who wont. It is normal to society, but you can still be polite to them. Understand that there are people like that and the reason why is because of their past and how they grew up which made them what they are now (judgemental, rude, etc.) and it's not because of who you are. You are a kind and unique person and that is what they don't have. :] Once you learn how to accept that, you'll feel a lot better. I wished I learned that when I was still in school (just graduated).

aaaiiihhh

Screw them!

Umm, last time I checked, homework was a one-person sport.

Who cares where you do your homework. They need to get a life instead of going around saying things so that they would make themselves feel better about themselves because she is SOO insecure about herself and people's perceptions of her that she wouldn't be caught dead doing homework by herself.

PLLLEEAAASE

lettypagb

u shold scream : hey ... :roll: I forgot the rest ... but u inspired me thankyou ,i will sit in front of the l.jones gym to do my homework tomorrow soiahroarpsa

autumn_82

Yeah, it's hard when people say things about you in earshot. Try not to take it personally (I know--impossible). It says something negative about HER not you.
I know it can take a while for the sting to wear off when someone says something ignorant or mean. Like a few weeks ago at the gym some girl called me a bitch to her friend while standing right behind me. She thought I intentionally stole her spot on this exercise bike, and instead of just asking me to move she went the psycho route. It really crushed me, and I had to call my mom to cry about it. That one incident threw me off and made me fear the gym for a couple of weeks. I just try to remind myself every time I think about it that she was acting nuts, and that it wasn't my problem.

smileyshygirl

thank you

i just wanted to reply and say thanks to all of you that replied and feel much better after reading all of your responses! :)