Does this sound familiar?

bh

I have been having anxiety/panic attacks for nearly a year now. First big one ended up with me in hospital being checked for a heart attack. No idea what caused it. Obviously it wasn't my heart - most of you will relate to that. I can usually get by withot anyone else noticing, but my Mom died recently and things have got worse...much worse. I still wonder if it's my heart although I'm sure it's not when I've got a clear head.

Trouble now, I get shooting pains or dull aches in my chest and between my shoulder blades even when not having an attack. Has anyone else experienced that? That seems to be physical rather than mental, but scares me and sets me off again. I don't know if it's because the muscles have got so tight or what it is.

Really struggling to get by at the moment.

coriander1992

It could be that you are tensing your body up without even realising it, and then getting that ache from having your muscles constantly being tense.
It happens to me a lot if i'm in a "scary" social situation, but I don't even realise i've been doing it until afterwards when it starts to hurt.

If you are really worried that it might be something more, maybe you could go to the doctor and get yourself checked out anwyay, just to give you peace of mind.

Good luck :)