Does smoking cause/affect HH?

Zapheer

I have been wondering about it. I have been sadly smoking for quite few years, and recently I decided to scout the intrawebs for some info. What I found was 2 completely different opinions.

Some people say that smoking indeed can aggravate HH by boosting your heart rate and blood pressure, therefore the body needs to 'cool down' - and few people experienced this.

However I also found on different forums, ALOT of post by people who started sweating excessively once they actually stopped smoking. SOme even took up smoking to control their sweating!

What do you think?

paidinfull

I don't think smoking does contribute.. I used to be a frequent bud smoker and even before I started smoking, I had HH. Sometimes I'd get super stoned to the point where I wouldn't sweat.

Zapheer

just to clarify - i mean cigarettes. I did hear that pot indeed helps with reducing sweating but my system does not tolerate it at all (damn!)

Also the sarcasm did not go unnoticed :p but the fact that smoking is bad is not the point of my question :)

Peony

Lol I'm afraid when I smoke weed I can't remember I I've sweated or not. I can't really function on it so wouldn't be able to use it every day as a medicine anyway. Wish I could say the same for my partner!!!! Lol

But no, cigarettes. I also smoked for 8 (started smoking just after my HH started) smoked til I was 21, gave up, still sweat the same. Even if I have the odd cig when I'm drinking, still sweat the same :(

Jezza

No I don't think it makes that big a difference. That is, not enough to cause/cure HH. I've had HH for yeeaaars and for many of those I didn't smoke at all (also didn't set it off or anything).

Now I sometimes smoke cigars, never cigarettes, but can't say it has any influence. If anything it's a moment to relax and that always helps a little bit but then you can't be smoking all day and any small hint of stress or high temp or excersize and the flood gates open.

So yeah, no.