Does SA/SP affect your appetite?

Neebo

I find that during the day,I can hardly eat anything due to the anxiety of Socialphobia. Infact sometimes I can go a whole day without anything to eat because I get so anxious and nervous about going out or facing the world. I only start to really eat when I have my dinner and late at night when I can't sleep and as a result I have lost quite a lot of weight. Is anyone else have similar eating habits?

Danfalc

Banned
Hey neebo

Yeah im having simlar problems mate, i was really bad with it before, i would go days sometimes without eating at all. Recently ive managed to start having a small breakfast and somthing small at night aswell.But i still let it slip sometimes.... Anyways im quite worried about it, so im going to go the the doctors about it, so ill let you know what they say.I was thinking maybe through, if were not eating properly maybe some vitamen supplements might be a good idea?

(edit) Dont know about you, but for me its that my anxiety/depression just seems to make me have no appetite at all :?

paul

It hasn't really affected my appetite, but my sp is very mild compared to many others' on here.

redlady

Even if my anxiey and depression was reducing my appetite i'd have to force myself to eat because i get physically sick if i don't eat every few hours. Don't you guys get affected by your semi starved state? Or does the anxiety distract you from it?

Scottish_Player

I have had problems eating for the past few years now due to anxiety, right now over the past 3 or 4 days i have barely eaten much just the minimum probably. Like yourself i can eat most at night time as this is when i feel most relaxed and able too eat without feeling sick, i realy need to put on about another 2 stone but the more i think about it the more anxious it makes me. I can be half way throught eating something iam really enjoying and then i just get an anxious thouhgt in my head or somthing happens and thats is i just cant eat anymore.

Danfalc, when you go to your doc you should ask him about a drink called ENSURE (you might have heard Kanye West sing about it in his song Through The Wire :D ) its basiclay a meal in a carton, i dont know about yourself but i find it easier to drink stuff than i do to eat so i used to have four of them a day to make up for what i was missing out on.

sensitive

paul said:
It hasn't really affected my appetite, but my sp is very mild compared to many others' on here.
same situation with me. i got shocked when some SPs say they can't go out or they quit going to school. anyway, SA used to affect my appetite before i took medication. taking medication made difference with my appetite, i eat well now :) .

SPECTACULAR

Cassie said:
My depression etc has caused me the opposite problem, I over eat!! I honestly just can't stop eating!! It's so bad that sometimes if I go like maybe even 5 minutes without eating SOMETHING I feel like I'm starving!! :x I guess because I have nothing else to do food keeps me occupied, if I couldn't eat, I would get no pleasure out of my day AT ALL!!! I'm like a size 14 or 16 australian, which I hate, but with what I eat I should be like a size 16898678!!!!!!!!
I'm exactly the same. I eat approximately every hour. and i don't gain weight the way everybody else does which is the strangest part about it!

ShadowCat

paul said:

Same here. Sometimes I feel a little depressed and start to eat though...

Danfalc

Banned
redlady said:
Even if my anxiey and depression was reducing my appetite i'd have to force myself to eat because i get physically sick if i don't eat every few hours. Don't you guys get affected by your semi starved state? Or does the anxiety distract you from it?

Its not that the anxiety distracts me from it, i just physicaly have no desire to eat.. and dont even get hungry when i havnt eaten for a few days :(