Does anyone take vitamins?

yay

I was wondering if anyone takes vitamins and which one best to use o.o
In addition....
excessive vitamins pills = bad for you or not???
Just curious because i heard a rumor about it. o.o

SocialRetahd

I took vitamn e until my hair started to fall out. I was also taking a B complex(suppose to help with anxiety).

LA-girl

There are some vitamins that are dangerous to take in large doses like A-vitamin and some minerals as well. Copper for instance can lead to copper-toxicity. I developed once a case of magnesium toxicity. So it is very important to read about potential side effects before starting a vitamin/minral supplement, at least in high doses. There are also some vitamins/minerals that has a tendency to "eat" other nutrients. For instance if you consume a high dose of magnesium, you also have to take additional calsium. It also varies what kind of vitamins/minerals each person needs depending on the individuals chemistry and life-style (amount of stress, illnesses etc).

I found this overview of
Potentially Toxic Dosages and Side Effects of Nutrients

As long as you take vitamins responsibly and follow the directions on the bottle, there's little chance of suffering from any type of toxicity.

I take a multi formulated for 45+ women even though I'm 43, calcium/magnesium/zinc combo and a vitamin for hair and nails since my hair started falling out (really works too btw).

Power_Bog

yay said:
wait does anyone know a pill for loss hair, but for teenagers. btw i'm 17

Depends what kind of hair loss. Saw palmetto is good for male-pattern hair loss.

For anxiety, I've found that Kava was good for short-term relaxation but I don't think they sell it anymore because it was discovered to cause liver damage.