Does anyone have tips for making phone calls?

chrisjurban

I almost never make phone calls. The only person I can call without fear is my mom, and not even her when I'm afraid she is busy or something. People always end up thinking that I'm snubbing them when I don't talk to them, but I just get really bad anxiety.

Anyway, I somehow broke through bad anxiety at my prom last Friday (I wanted to dance so bad, it just happened) and danced with this girl I kind of like. Apparently I'm a very good dancer when my inhibitions are let loose, and she liked me so much she actually broke up with her boyfriend hoping I'd date her. Anyway, she gave me her number but I haven't called. I've actually gone to lengths to avoid seeing her in the halls, because the one time I did our conversation was weird and formal because I can't seem to relax enough to say something without an immediate and pressing purpose. I get the feeling she'll cry or something like that if I don't call because she'll think that I stood her up and she broke up with her boyfriend for nothing. I would just ask for advice, but advice never seems to work for me, because I can't put it into action? What can I do to actually call her?

Grah

Have stuff you want to say written down like in a list and go through the list. Girls normally like being the talker alot so when you ask something it should spark a conversation and would make you feel more comfortable. The first phonecall will probably be abit awkward but after a while you should feel more comfortable talking, also remember if the phone call doesnt work out you can tell her about your anxiety and she should understand why you could of gone quiet.