Does anyone have OCD like this?

Beenencouraged

Dear Friends,

I have suffered with OCD for many years. My first memories of it are when I was only around 9 years old. My OCD has manifested itself in so many ways, from thinking that if I didn't do things like turn the light on and off 3 times my whole family would die, worrying that I ran someone over when driving and having to go back and check many times, to worrying that I had cursed God etc.

Now, as a Christian, most of my thoughts are religious in nature and are tormenting me no end. Anyone who is a Christian might be able to imagine what my thoughts consist of....think of the opposite of what a Christian wants to think and there you have it. It is hard to type this but I have thoughts of asking the devil for things.....which I don't want to do, but they are so intrusive they get through. It's absolute torment and I'm so confused and upset.

I am happily married with kids and have everything to live for, but my thoughts are so horrible and intrusive I'm at breaking point at the moment.

I wish so much that I could be free of this terrible affliction. It is so awful. Medication has helped me tremendously, but no cure yet. I am so low at the moment that I've considered suicide, but couldn't leave my wife and children, I love them too much. I wish with all my heart that God would strike me dead, give me cancer so that I can escape. If only there was a way out.

I keep trying to tell myself it's only the OCD talking, but it just wears me down. Does anyone know if suicide is a sin?

I'd love to hear from anyone who has OCD and suffers like I do.

Hey man, I felt awful to see no one had replied to this.
I personally don't know if I have OCD as such, but I definitely
have OCD tendencies. And I've had many of the same things to
some extent. When I was more Christian than I am now in particular,
I would constantly worry about making a pact with the devil, cursing
God etc. Also have a bit of a thing about wondering if I've run over something if there's a little bump, having to go back and check I didn't. I'm not so experienced with all this, but you've gotta realise that thinking something is not the same as wanting it. If there is a God and a Devil, you wouldn't damn yourself to hell for thoughts. It's actions that are the most important things, ultimately. And you can rest assured that comitting suicide would be one of the worst things you could do to your family.
If there's a God, I'm sure he/she'll understand that any thoughts you've had about the devil were unintended. Let the thoughts come. don't fight them, just accept them, while knowing they're probably meaningless.
That way, they're more likely to go away. And if they don't, it won't matter nearly so much.

Prae

ocd

:D I am sorry your ocd is so bad. You should see a therapist for help. Anyhow, suicide is never the answer. Besides, you have a wife and kids who love you and need you , I imagine. Do not give up! You have to have faith. Its amazing what faith can do. You have to ask and believe in GOD that he will help you.
As hard as it is, try not to analyze your thoughts so much. The more you concentrate on your thoughts the more power you give them. Just know you would never do the bad things that your thoughts suggest and try not to take your thoughts so serious. Just ignore them and keep yourself busy. Remember you are not your thoughts. Do not give them power by paying so much attention to them.
Try to concentrate on the good in your life,etc..Try not to let fear get the best of you. Fear is very powerful. It leads to negative thoughts etc..the way to beat this is faith and love. Think faith and love. God bless and take care. P.S theres some good videos on utube on OCD help.

luvlyj

hey,it seems kind of late considering wen u actualy put in this post but nehow um,, i hav a ocd religious problem too so jus wanted u to kno ure not the only one,,
it is quite sickening at times an very distressing, what makes it worse is i recently found out that my faith is wrong so i dont even kno where to turn at the moment,but im only 17 so i have enough time i gues.. i hope ill be able to say later in life that im happily married with kids an all that..
i hope ure doing better with the advice i saw from the replies before mines an wish u all the best,, an im thinking that i gues God understands an wil forgive us for all the bad thoughts we've had about him unwillingly..