does anyone feel VERY stressed out after work

Ahmed

I wanna see if we can relate to something that happens to me everyday after work.

I feel soooo stressed out that my whole nervous systems feels messed up. and i have to take a good nap so i wont feel as stressed as i am after work...

justsomebloke25

Yes, I can definitely relate to that. Some days I just get in and have to lay down for 50 minutes to calm down because I'm so wound up about everything. Even if I don't get to sleep I just lay there trying to recover from the day.

You don't happen to work in IT, do you? I'm thinking it's maybe my job!!

Ahmed

yes, im IT, kind of, working in embedded systems actually. do u think that C is the problem :)

get away from C and all your worries would go away? :)

i think its partially the computer, and also the people coming and going and all the communication you have to do in work. its too frustrating having to deal with people.

Do you think there are any medications that can make u more relaxed? my mom gave me some vitamin B to take, but it didnt do anything...

i go home after work, and cant do anything till next day..

justsomebloke25

I'm sure there are lots of medication you could take to relax you but I don't think it's really the right way to fix the problem. I'm sure it's all psychological. I used to get home and lay there analysing all the conversations I'd had during the day, looking for things I did wrong or what people meant by saying certain things, etc. Then I found out that is one of the things that contributes to the SA so I stopped doing that. At the same time I also started going out a lot so I would come straight in from work and be rushing around geting ready to go out again so I never had time to feel so stressed and I was fine.

I think the best way to relax is just to stop thinking. I've always had trouble sleeping but lately i've been listening to a hypnosis tape when I go to bed and I'm asleep within 20 minutes. Listening to the tape forces me to stop thinking about what yesterday/tomorrow will be like, so i'm able to just chill out completely.

scatmantom

this is odd, I work in IT too, more tech support than programming, but I think the time i spend on/around computers is having a damaging effect on my anxiety. And i totally understand the having a lie down, cos for some reason after some sleep i always wake up pretty much anxiety free.

simkhan

Did someone say the word STRESSED?!!!

I think we all get a little stressed after work. Maybe some more then others. What do you do for lunch? Do you get away from your desk? Try getting away from your office, from the building. Go have lunch out somewhere. During breaks, try going for a short walk. And after work, try replacing your naps with something you like to do such as watching a movie, eating something special, or whatever it is! Make a new list every week of what to do everyday after work. That way you'll have something eventually to look forward to at the end of the day.

This will take time getting used to. Bad habits are easy to form but hard to break. Good habits hare easy to break but hard to form. Get into the habit of treating yourself during, lunch, breaks, and after work.

Oh yes! C doesn't help either! :wink:

Hope this helps.
simkhan

IceLad

Yes, I feel so stressed out after work. My head is usually replaying the day's most anxiety causing events over and over again.

I find getting plenty of sleep brings my SP down a peg or two. Also, finding something to distract your mind (e.g. music) helps as well.

Ahmed

there are 2 ways that i can wear of this stressed up feeling.

1- Sleeeeeeeeeeeeep
2- Run in the track, it guess it helps to move your blood in your body and ur nerves gets adjusted.

any more suggestions?

cLavain

Ahmed said:
there are 2 ways that i can wear of this stressed up feeling.

1- Sleeeeeeeeeeeeep
2- Run in the track, it guess it helps to move your blood in your body and ur nerves gets adjusted.

any more suggestions?
I agree, running relieves stress, but only in the forest. I feel too self-conscious in the city. Eh, do you have any forests where you live? But any form of exercise will help, really.

Anyway, I like sitting down with a book and a cappuccino, especially in the winter! :)

Ahmed

well, i run in the track... not many peopel are there. even if many people are there, i dont get stressed out. cause i dont know them... and so i dont talk to them, so no stress.. and im not worried about it.. i start to get worried if i get to know people and so each time i would have to talk to them when i go to the track.. so, Dont talk to poeple is my strategy :) (i know its a stinky one )

where i live there are no forests, as i live in egypt. We have deserts, but i wouldnt condier that as an option :D

cLavain

Ahmed said:
where i live there are no forests, as i live in egypt. We have deserts, but i wouldnt condier that as an option :D
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm sure the deserts are rather forbidding! 8O Don't get lost in Sahara!

Off topic: Hmm, after yet another long cold winter up here in the north I'd really like to move to warm place! How's the labour market for coders in Egypt? :lol:

Ahmed

labour market is Good if you're into IT these days.. lots of companies, you should come and try out egypt for a change....

We just had a desert storm yesterday , i bet that would be a new experince for you :p

cLavain

No, I'm more used to having snow and icy rain blown in my face, not sand! :x :)

Maybe I should apply for a job there, but I'm not sure if Westerners are very popular in the Middle East these days... :?

Ahmed

well, probably westerns arent really popular to work in IT in egyptian countries. But i think Emirates has alot of westerns working there. its a great country i hear, i would love to go there on day.

Are you really looking for a job? where are u from? cant find any where you are, or u just graduated?

if you're lookin for high dough, then you can go to the arab gulf countries..

Horatio

Ahmed said:
well, probably westerns arent really popular to work in IT in egyptian countries. But i think Emirates has alot of westerns working there. its a great country i hear, i would love to go there on day.

if you're lookin for high dough, then you can go to the arab gulf countries..

haha your so very right! last year I stopped over in the Arab Emirates in Dubai. was pretty impressive flying over the gulf and seeing the man made islands shaped like palm trees etc 8O

the airport terminal felt kinda like an intergalatic space station with so many different types of people all talking different languages and wearing different types of clothes

I saw a guy who looked like the egytpian guy from Stargate and lots of funny little men driving expensive golf carts around

the guy I was sitting next to on the plane there was an Australian who got paid big dollars to work there as an engineer. from what he said, the Emirates is VERY safe for westerners and I'm yet to find anyone who says otherwise

the heat was bit too much for me though 8O