Does anyone feel the need to make small talk?

rko74

Today at the job working with the trainer, i kinda felt the need to make small talk while he was training me.It wasnt bad but i always have this feelin like i have to impress or get people to like me.I guess its part of the disorder, your fearful of rejection.

paul

yeah, i have that too. i always feel like i have to say something to avoid being awkward. the thing is, it's actually quite pointless :p. because, the person who you were talking to (in your case, the trainer) most likely does not feel too nervous to make talk, and if they did, then they'd probably be glad there's no conversation hehe.

but despite that knowledge, i still do feel like i have to say something. i think it would be very helpful to find a list of things to talk about when there's nothing else to say that don't appear weird/stupid :p

betty

hehe nice pic
paul said:
yeah, i have that too. i always feel like i have to say something to avoid being awkward. the thing is, it's actually quite pointless :p. because, the person who you were talking to (in your case, the trainer) most likely does not feel too nervous to make talk, and if they did, then they'd probably be glad there's no conversation hehe.

but despite that knowledge, i still do feel like i have to say something. i think it would be very helpful to find a list of things to talk about when there's nothing else to say that don't appear weird/stupid :p

Jack-B

If everyone in the world liked you, told you they liked you, would you still have a social phobia? Could you be anxious if you knew everyone liked you?

Even if we know people like us, we get anxious anyway, why?

Pop stars are loved and adored by millions but still get anxious, why?

It's because we invest all our energy in what others think about us as the real cause of our happiness.

Our happiness does not increase if more people like us, it only appears to be happiness when really our perception of what others think about us changes, this changes how we think about ourself.

If everyone in the world right now was thinking about you sending you love right now tell me how could that change your mind about how you feel about yourself?

You are not fearful of rejection. You are just confused as to what makes you happy. It's certainly not what other people think about you.

People will like you or hate you depending on whats going on in their mind, it has less to do with you and more to do with whats going on with their thoughts.

Jack