Does anyone else suffer from generalized anxiety disorder?

viperbeam

I've been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder about 2 weeks ago and by far it's the worse shit I've experienced in my entire life. I can't concentrate when i'm reading, parts of my body goes numb. I sweat, I worry all the goddamned time and I always assume the worse, I either can't sleep or wake up in the middle of the night and need a axinety pill in order to get back to bed. I can't go to work or school because I feel tired all day long as well as the symptoms that's affects me everyday numbness, tension, trouble concentrating, can't really eat even though I'm hungry as hell. I'm literally in a world of shit. I'm currently seeing a counseler once a week and a psychatrist every couple of weeks. I'm currently on paxil 20mg as well as some other medication if I axienty gets bad.

I apologize if my thread isn't making sense because I'm currently having a hard time concentrating.
The numbness is what's bugging the living shit out of me. Like last night part of my left leg. part of my left stomach, and my left forearm was numb.

FlipFlop

Hi,
I do not have gad but I too worry about eveything possible. I used to have anxiety attacks when I was younger, I got all dizzy and sick and trembling etc., but I got Ok afterwards. I have OCD and that is why I am worried about everything, I suppose :roll: For example if I walk with my dog and I see it licking its mouth, I am absolutely sure it has eaten a poisonous plant and worry about ot all the time...
COME ON; YOU CAN DO IT! I know you can! If you go on with your therapy, xou too will be ok!!
You can send me a private message if you want anytime :D

viperbeam

FlipFlop said:
Hi,
I do not have gad but I too worry about eveything possible. I used to have anxiety attacks when I was younger, I got all dizzy and sick and trembling etc., but I got Ok afterwards. I have OCD and that is why I am worried about everything, I suppose :roll: For example if I walk with my dog and I see it licking its mouth, I am absolutely sure it has eaten a poisonous plant and worry about ot all the time...
COME ON; YOU CAN DO IT! I know you can! If you go on with your therapy, xou too will be ok!!
You can send me a private message if you want anytime :D
I feel fine now but my throat seems a little tense and I'm having ahardtime swallowing.

IceLad

Don't know whether this counts, but I find myself worrying about everything possible and feel very bogged down by it all. While I doing something, it's always racing around in my head a list of things that I have to do in the future, and whether I've forgotten something. :? :? :?

holdens_shadow

I haven't been diagnosed with generalized anxiety, but that does sound like some of the things I've experienced, although not to such a degree. Often I wake in the night in a panic for no reason and during the days I am so tired I have no energy to do anything.

I'm sorry for what you are going through and I hope working with the doctors and the medication will make things better for you.

jojosparkles

i have been diagnosed with generalised anxiety aswell! sometimes i cant really distinguish it from the social phobia!

deadboy

GAD is a bitch. i was diagnosed with it and ive had it for a while now and it seems like nothing helps. i always think the worst things because i never have anything positive to think about. my mind is really "foggy" and i cant remember anything at all let alone concentrate on 1 thing. dont worry, youre not the only one that has to deal with this shit. i just keep telling myself things will get better and i do things to take my mind off of death and all the other shit i worry about. well all make it through this! keep your head up and know that youre fine!!

TheWaterMan

i had GAD although i thank God that its gone since i started taking an atypical antipsychotic Olanzapine, i only take the lowest dose. I no longer have unreasonable thoughts or stress about everything... im just normal now .... and life is great!

ImMissy

I have generalized anxiety disorder. I'm a chronic worrier, kind of paranoid a lot of the time. I have panic attacks, but not as much as I used to now that I'm on an anti-depressant. I'm on a low dose, and it helps a LOT. I still have my moments, and I do still worry a lot, but I am generally more calm than before.

Apple

Banned
Yep, that's the one I was diagnosed with as well. At the time of diagnoses it was a lot worse then it is now for me. I've been to therapy and also take a low dose anti-depressant that helps with it.

I had a reallly difficult time sleeping as well. It would take me until 9am to get to sleep (from freakin' exhaustion and worrying) and then I wouldn't wake until 6pm which is a bit much and kinda fools up the entire daytime thing. Not that I could get out much, but when I could I liked to do so.

The biggest thing with me is the foggy brain and the inability to concentrate. I'm not sure sometimes if I can remember my own name, and I feel kinda dumb when I can't get things to come to my mind when I need them to.

Makes having a conversation tough ... but I'm still here puttering through and I'm sure you can too.

Good Luck,
Apple

Ladpanic

:D[/quote]
I feel fine now but my throat seems a little tense and I'm having ahardtime swallowing.[/quote]

I have been having a hard time with swallowing lately!!! I thought it might have something to do with the medications I was taking for my back problem plus I have been taking Advil like crazy. However, I am off all the meds now and the problem does not seem to subside.

I see my dr. on Friday. I hope he can help me.

mermaid

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have also been going through a lot of stress and worrying alot lately. I was wondering if anyone out there has been losing weight because of it? I feel like i'm the only one, but people at work have been commenting on my weight loss and it's starting to really scare me. I am normally 130lbs, and now i'm 122lbs. I'm worrying that i'm getting too thin, but sometimes it's hard to eat because i worry so much that i feel nauseated all the time. I am forcing myself to eat, because I love to cook and love to eat, but lately my appetitie just isn't what it used to be. also my ears feel like they are ringing all the time and it's driving me CRAZY!! does anyone else get that feeling? thanks for letting me vent :)

S

My main diagnosis is Health Anxiety, but with that I have feelings of anxiety most, if not all, the time.
I have had all of the symptoms mentioned at one point or another, and know that they are really, really horrible.
If you ever want to PM me, feel free to :)

skeebings

GAD and social phobia

Hello all, I have GAD and social phobia and have had it since about the age of 14 I think although i'm 35 now and have only recently come to realise it. I just struggled through before and thought I was just a bit stupid. the death of a close friend led to a real low for me and I became depressed which was the worst time ever for me and took a year to recover. during the treatment and help for the depression I realised that the self defeating thoughts i'd had for some years and the anxious feeling i had all the time was also felt by others. social situations are the worst and I feel embarrassed really easily. I know these feeling are so unreasonable but It's just automatic and I can't stop it. sometimes I cope well but other times I feel I need to just get away and be on my own is the only time I don't feel anxious and so I find myself alone quite a lot. it's easier than dealing with the anxiety. that's the sad part. It's really hard to concentrate and my memory is terrible. I have tried antidepressants before but they made me worse at the time, I think now I understand this condition a little more and want to try treatment again, (sorry this is going on a bit but it really helps to just let my thoughts come out like this) I worry that I'll always be this way and thats scary but I wont give up as there are times when I feel happy and the anxiety goes for a short time, I don't know why, but eventually the bad thoughts and anxiety returns to drag me down....

steve1

feel for you skeebings....my moods are up and down like a yoyo. It seems much harder though to have positive thoughts than negative ones but we must keep fighting this damm nuisance and hopefully we can all beat it and have a happy fulfilling life....dont let it beat you and keep strong and positive.