does anyone else in your family have SA?

jessnz

I'm just wondering if anyone has family members that have SA?
I've never really talked to my family much about how I feel because I've always felt embarrassed to talk to them about my feelings...but recently I've noticed that my mum and my sister have some of the same issues that I do in social situations...especially my sister.
I kinda want to bring it up with them and talk about it, but I don't want to offend them.
I don't really have a point, I just found it interesting.

Septor

I'm not really sure but I think my mother had sa or something like that.I remember when I was younger that she never had any friend and she would never go out unless she had to.So she probably had sa.

There are probably other member that I don't know about.

jojosparkles

my nana suffers from sa as she was mugged and lost all her independance. she kinda understands. depression, anxiety and eating disorders are really common aswell. both my great grandads commited suicide, my great uncle and a few of my cousins. every1 else tho has overcoem them problems and it gives me hope because if they can do it so can i. it just takes some time. i did not realise how many ppl in my family had suffered so they might b more understandin than u think xxxx

Helen145

hello..well in my case i think so..these things can be heredatory and my mum had these problems before i was born but not so much anymore..she had big problems with depression which i also have problems with as well as a bit of social phobia..

Kalima

I already commented about my family but I noticed that a friend of mine has it and I could she that she probably had it passed down to her by her mother. They both seem to be uneasy when communicating with people but they're still nice nonetheless.

Quixote

Both my parents and my sibling are "average" shy people.

I have SP since my early childhood.

Macarena313

No! No one except me :D
brother has a lot of friends, very outgoing, mum&dad were partying alot of time when they were young and still have fun going out with their friends...
my other family... they all look like a very self-confident people...
im not from this family i guess :D

Lotrsfan

I'm the only one. But i thought my sister had it a very little bit. But she's got friends, and i think she finds it easy to talk to people after she's known them for a day or a while. I know coz she keeps bringing up "I'm not that unsocialable as you are." :cry:

luckie

my dad has always had issues with mixing with people and his own family. I remember once, when i was a child, there was some sort of party for my dads side, (cant remeber exactly) and my mom, brother and i went in and my dad got as far as the door and ran off. He went back home.
My brother also has social anxiety. He finds it hard to talk to anyone on a night out. He always has to have a few drinks to relax, but he still struggles to talk so he cant get a girlfriend, they dont want to know. Hes struggled most of his life with sa. Mine tends to be worse sometimes more than others.

sweet4certain

My dads the one who gives me the most crap about My anxiety, but recently i found out that he used to be alot like me when he was my age. In fact i think he used to be alot worse off then i am right now. My grandparents told me many stories about him when he was younger. Apparently hes gotton over it. My older brother has a touch of it. I think he's more "love shy", because he has trouble with girls, but hes got friends and a good job. He smokes alot of marijuana though which he says has given him alot more confidence and helps control his anxiety... my little brother and my mom are social butterflies... both my aunts have some form of anxiety as well

sensitive

Many of you said their parents and siblings have had it but the situation is so different with me.

Nobody in my family has it so where does it come from? :roll: . Those who are like me must asking themselves the same question.

One or two of my siblings tend to be shy, and just shy no SA/SA at all. My father used to be super outgoing, confident (he is dead). The same thing with mom, she is introvert but so confident.