does anyone else have intrusive feelings...

Thankyer

like feeing the wrong emotion for a second or two during periods of high anxiety? it's rare for me to get them, but they show up sometimes.

Last edited:

thor01

Yeah I do. Like I might feel things that arn't me almost in a way. Or thoughts that arn't really my own almost. But they can just be brushed aside as that- "intrusive feelings".

stevelee24

Yeah I do. Like I might feel things that arn't me almost in a way. Or thoughts that arn't really my own almost. But they can just be brushed aside as that- "intrusive feelings".

still have no idea what your on about, what sort of feelings you talking about ::p:

thor01

A feeling that doesn't feel right to you, not like your usual safe or whatever kind of feeling. Or a thought, like someone elses thought, that you don't agree with hah. But you know its noy "yours" and don't need to beleive it.

Maybe someone people don't think in terms of feelings in the same way I don't know.

SAYC

Before I knew what the intrusive stuff was (i.e. OCD) I tried to explain it to my husband as "feelings", "impressions", "images" or strange thoughts. Usually I felt like it was an impression that came over me; not my own thought but rather an impression of violence for instance.

Maybe your description of "intrusive feelings" means a sensation that arises from intrusive thoughts that you can kind of see or sense in your mind but you can't really identify clearly yet (in words?). The feelings are perhaps guilty when you should be feeling happy or something?

Anyway, from experience I would suggest letting these intrusive things fall in a trap door in your mind and disappear. If they make you uncomfortable then they are not great to give credibility to, I think.:rolleyes:

MaxineRyder

Like laughing at a funeral? I totally get that all the time. If someone is mad at me, even though I might be terrified, I can still sometimes burst into a fit of giggles. Fortunately this doesnt happen too frequently. It used to drive my mum and teachers mad. Luckily it mever happened in the work place... yet.
Maxine xx

Thankyer

There are times when it's like my brain feels like it has these good-feeling chemicals or something, yet I'm anxious and my emotions aren't feeling happy. It's really strange.

Thankyer

Before I knew what the intrusive stuff was (i.e. OCD) I tried to explain it to my husband as "feelings", "impressions", "images" or strange thoughts. Usually I felt like it was an impression that came over me; not my own thought but rather an impression of violence for instance.

Maybe your description of "intrusive feelings" means a sensation that arises from intrusive thoughts that you can kind of see or sense in your mind but you can't really identify clearly yet (in words?). The feelings are perhaps guilty when you should be feeling happy or something?

Anyway, from experience I would suggest letting these intrusive things fall in a trap door in your mind and disappear. If they make you uncomfortable then they are not great to give credibility to, I think.:rolleyes:

That's one of the things I experience