Does anyone else feel like this?

fizzie

Ok, I am not exactly brand new to the college I know what to expect on the days, but the night before I have to go I get bad nerves in my stomach, I feel sick and depressed. I used to feel like this most sunday nights before going to school because I hated it and I also hate college but I daren't say anything because I'm just trying to get through it.

I don't feel comfortable with anything which involves me being around loads of people who are loud, confident or think they are better than me, it also doesn't help me being the only girl in the class as I am taking an I.T course. I have a couple of lad mates in there who aren't nasty to me, but some are sexist and I mean come on it's an IT course its sensible taking that as a subject seeming as everything is computers in todays age!

GRRR it's either bitchy girls being nasty to me or sexist lads! I'm sure they see me as an easy target (which I guess I am)!

starz

Yes, I actually left my degree course because of the same feelings :(
I used to dread the seminars and lectures everyday and like you felt sick. In the end I got so anxious I went to see the uni drs and was told I had bad anxiety and he gave me beta blockers which did not really work for me.

I was fine with the social life (maybe because of all the drink :lol: ) but everything to do with my actual course I found very hard.
I can totally relate to what you said about Sunday nights before school as I remember the total dread! Again I felt very nauseous before going to school every morning but I didn't know the reason then.

No one was bitchy or nasty to me but I found it hard to make friends as oneday someone would talk to you and the next day ignore you. Then again I was probably giving out "leave me alone" signals :oops:

LaLaLa

fizzie said:
Ok, I am not exactly brand new to the college I know what to expect on the days, but the night before I have to go I get bad nerves in my stomach, I feel sick and depressed. I used to feel like this most sunday nights before going to school because I hated it and I also hate college but I daren't say anything because I'm just trying to get through it.

I don't feel comfortable with anything which involves me being around loads of people who are loud, confident or think they are better than me, it also doesn't help me being the only girl in the class as I am taking an I.T course. I have a couple of lad mates in there who aren't nasty to me, but some are sexist and I mean come on it's an IT course its sensible taking that as a subject seeming as everything is computers in todays age!

GRRR it's either bitchy girls being nasty to me or sexist lads! I'm sure they see me as an easy target (which I guess I am)!

You remind me of myself. :oops:

I'm the only girl in my class, too. :oops: It feels really awkward (as always for me), although people seem to be quite nice, they still would look at me like I'm very weird cause I never speak in class and look depressed. The teacher told me to try and be more vocal cause people were coming up to him and asking why I won't talk.

Ahh, I remember some bitchy girls from my classes back in schooldays. I couldn't stand them. At one time I really wanted to punch one of them for laughing at me so hard. They would just laugh and make jokes about me for no reason. It's not that I could stand up for myself either... I always feared that they would laugh at me even more if I said something back... I couldn't help it. They were scary like evil witches. 8O

Vancouver

You can expect nerdy guys to be sexist on the issue, that's a given. I know how it may seem, but they probably don't mean much by it. Take it as a compliment. On the topic of being shy at school in general, i get like that too. I get a gut-deep feeling whenever I have to attend something that involves me speaking in front of others, I hate it. But I do notice something - if you can conjure up a positive, peaceful image in the midst of it all, you can begin to reel relaxed no matter where you are. I also talked with someone who said they felt that exact same way, so they began meditating on a regular basis and it alleviated the stress they felt everyday of their life. Good luck. If you need anyone to talk to on the issue, you know what to do.