Does anyone cut their own hair?

rits

Hello all. Yup I too cut my own hair at home. But its not really cos Im scarred of going to go to the barbers. -

Well yeh i do get a bit scarred about having to have a conversation with the barber with everyone listening, but i usually go early in the morning when no ones there.

However recently Ive stopped going and have bought a cutting machine. I like doing it myself cos I can get the just cut fresh look whenever Im going out.

I trim the top with sciscors by looking in a mirror. then I got two big mirrors and use the electric razor to do an even cut on the back and sides quite short. THen use scicors over come on the sides to blend it in.

Comes out pretty decent even if I do say so myself!

Saves me £8 too! Also a cut only lasts about 3/4 weeks or even less before the sides, which are cut short start growing out, and it looks messed up already.

I aint made of money so used to go every 2 months or so, but doing it at home i can run the razor over and trim it every two weeks so i look fresh all the time.

No ones noticed yet and I work in a supermarket

WhiskeyJack

I got a present of a head shaver a few years back and i havent gone to a barbers since.

It saved me having to sit and wait in mostly smallish rooms with damn mirrors everwhere :)

ozkr

Thanks to my stupid genes,I guess I'll be bald in at 2 years or so...
To lessen the psychological impact I started shaving my head three years ago.

nev_vern

I usually use hair clippers too, but one time, my hair was quite long and my clippers broke half way through, i had to go through the street with a half shaven head, it was very embarresing, and my face was throbbing due to blushing :oops: very bad experiance for me.

IfAny1Knew

Hate them !

hate everythng about the hardressors ! Because of sp it doesnt make it easier anyway & having bad experiances too i mean i hate the thought of it once you have made that appointment you think thats more or less it then ! its like the end of the world & once your in there you have to stay there till there finished cause how embarrasing would it be to get up and run out with your hair in foils or soaking wet and the more you think that the more you want to run out u keep feeling your heart coming further and further out your chest ! I mean once i had a older woman cut it and think she was a bit jelous & cut it too short and ended up looking like a boy ( guessed she knew too that i wouldnt say i hated it as i was always a bit shy etc!) And the other times you go in a salon where there are bitchy girls that all think there hairs better then yours etc u feel so alkward and silly even worse when they look like they havent got a care in the world lol

LittleMissScareAll

I cut my bangs(I'm not paying $5-7 just to have somebody snip one little strand of hair and it looks decent when I do it anyway), but not my hair 8O I probably would if I could see the back of my head good enough to get it even or decent looking, but that would be my problem. I love the way the woman who dyes/cuts my hair does it though. And usually when I get it dyed she gives me a cut free anyway. 8) Speaking of hair cut though, I really need to cut my bangs, and I really want some of my layers cut shorter.