Does anybody get irritable?

Angie_05

Does anybody feel like they are always annoyed or impatient with other people or a situation?

I am sooo impatient. And I hate to be asked to help other people with things.

Today I am irritable because I have two middle school graduations to go to for my two younger half siblings and I feel like they are a waste of time. All my siblings are worried about is the dances/parties afterward, but I'm busting my ass to make it to both events in just a few hours time. Both are on opposite sides of town by the way, about a 30 minute drive. Plus my parents are making a way bigger deal out of the events than they did when I graduated middle school. They are even riding in limos tonight!

I am like this a lot. I wish I could stop being so annoyed by these things. Like tomorrow, I have to go over to my cousin's and "play with her hair" in prep for her wedding this summer. Ugh! Why can't she pay someone to do it? I feel so used. I am also anxious (I have SP) about the possiblity that I will screw up her hair.

Any advice? Similar feelings/experiences?

Scottish_Player

grumblina said:
Also can't handle food noises like slurping and open mouth chewing. It just makes me feel raw and angry, I don't know why...

I also hate it when people make those noises it drives me mad when they start slurping and stuff like that. :(

Angie_05

grumblina said:
Also can't handle food noises like slurping and open mouth chewing. It just makes me feel raw and angry, I don't know why...

You made me laugh at that one, Grumblina. When I'm in a bad mood, bad eating manners are the worst. Of course, I keep it inside. If I didn't, I'd feel guilty about calling it out to someone.

I know exactly how you feel regarding your dad's phone call. Sorry about your mom by the way. I can't imagine.

But I guess I get really irritated by normally capable people asking me to do things cuz I'm like....uh hello....I have a life too. I don't like people who aren't considerate of other people. When I ask for favors, which is sooo rare, I make sure to let them know that they don't have to help me, but that it is greatly appreciated. That's all they need to do is give me some gratitude.

I just wish I wouldn't let it ruin my whole day. Like my anxiety, it just won't get out of my head.

Toad

I also get real irritated when people ask me to do stuff, cause i can never say no. Then when i say i'll do something it will have to be perfect so i'll stress out about it for a long time...very annoying...i need to learn how to say no. I also get irritated if people are doing something not to my standards...which is probably why i cant say no, cause i know if anyone else does something it will be wrong...yeah i know im an ass.

Angie_05

I believe I had good reason to be irritated last night.

I did go to the graduations. I was really upset with my little sister because she barely noticed we were all there. After the ceremony, she was running around hugging all of her friends (she's kinda popular) and my dad had to yell at her just to take a picture with me. She didn't even thank us for showing up. I'm sure this irritability comes from jealousy over her and a little because she has no gratitude or manners. My dad just thought it was funny that she was ignoring us. She is sooo different from me.

I went to the same school she did and it was so hard to be there. I just have bad memories about me being shy and all the popular people having the good time. And i know it was my fault I never got involved. I wasn't weird or different from the other people, just couldn't talk to them. I wish I could get over it. I thought I was until last night.

JoeRandomUser

Toad said:
I also get real irritated when people ask me to do stuff, cause i can never say no. Then when i say i'll do something it will have to be perfect so i'll stress out about it for a long time...very annoying...i need to learn how to say no. I also get irritated if people are doing something not to my standards...which is probably why i cant say no, cause i know if anyone else does something it will be wrong...yeah i know im an ass.
That makes two of us. :D

What you just said sums me up pretty well.

Chilling__Echo

i'm deffinately easily irritated. i've mentioned my anger before just from inner frustration alot from SA that i can't get rid of. i have a temper. anything can set me off and i feel like the hulk...

i hate hearing water pouring into other water. makes me feel a little uncomfortable, like someone taking a piss... would that go in the same category as slurping??

black_mamba

The hulk eh? Well that would make me Godzilla by comparison! :)

I get annoyed at people slurping, people laughing in a strange way, sometimes even the noise of other peolpe typing on a keypad makes want to self combust.

But why is it that when I make those noises I don't notice and don't care?

The problem with trying to please everyone...hmm, my partner has this. I see him as a complete doormat sometimes, yeah and guess what. His inability to say no to other people is another thing that gets me annoyed. He can't say no to doing favours so ends up spending most of his free time doing unpaid work. *steam emerges from black_mamba's ears*

Grrrrr!

Oh well, I'm trying to improve, a little at a time... :roll:

*caboom*

Angie_05

black_mamba said:
The problem with trying to please everyone...hmm, my partner has this. I see him as a complete doormat sometimes, yeah and guess what. His inability to say no to other people is another thing that gets me annoyed. He can't say no to doing favours so ends up spending most of his free time doing unpaid work. *steam emerges from black_mamba's ears*

Your partner sounds like me. Then I get irritated with the people who ask me to do the unpaid work. Of course I still do it. I just don't want people to see me as a you-know-what.

black_mamba

You obviously do a lot of favours for people, but if you want some time to yourself I think that saying no will work better for you in the long run.

You won't be percieved as such a pushover anymore, yay! I understand about not wanting to offend people, this is a danger as some people may think you're being rude, but whats wrong with just saying you're busy and need a little time to yourself? If they can't understand that then they're the rude ones. Hmpf! :x