Does anybody else do this??

Danicha

I have this thing where I dwell on every embarrassing thing that ever happened to me. :? I hate that I do this... every memory makes me feel so stupid it hurts :oops: , i even get minor heart palpitations from some memories. I have never had a anxiety attack ( knock on wood) But if oneday i really embarrass myself i might get one. I also seem to think of these things when im trying to sleep. Its almost like im punishing myself with these memories for doing whatever i did to embarrass myself.
I dwell on little stupid things to that nobody probably even notices to.. i wish i could jus forget :cry:
does thing happan to everyone with sa or jus me?

WhiskeyJack

Yes, i do the exact same thing. Sometimes the things i think of happened years ago! The chances of anyone else remembering them are zero but i cant stop the memories going through my head. It makes it hard to go to sleep sometimes and i suppose having these negative feelings before sleep cant help towards a good nights rest.

I have never had a panic attack either but the dread is always there that if the wrong thing happens, at the wrong time, i will feel so embarrassed/exposed that i might just crumble :(

yes, i definately do this too, sometimes i notice i do it without really thinking it about it, like someone would say something on the TV or i would see something that would remind me of something i did or said, and i then id cringe at the thought of remebering it, even if it was something so little no one would have cared or noticed..

Sable

For me this is the single most debilitating aspect of SA. My memories torment me to the point of tears. I CAN'T forget them or move on. I've been trying for a whole year now, ever since I discovered that this was part of the condition, and not just me going crazy. It's not working. I've read all the books, done the counselling thing, talked to doctors and a psychologist about it - but nothing has helped. If anyone has been able to figure out how to get rid of this, PLEASE tell me how you did it. My head's too tired to deal with it anymore.

moodygoo

yes I get that a lot. In fact I was having a moment earlier, just sat on my own blushing because of a memory.. can't even remember what it is.

I'll go from being fairly confident and motivated to wanting to hide just because I thought of some tiny little embarrassing thing.
Embarrassment is so understated, it can really hurt.

All_life_will_end

Everyone has embarrassing moments, EVERYONE Spend a week or two looking for them if you do not belive me,.( easyer to do if you are still in school, if not you might just have to trust me)

I used to dwell on mine, until I tried to remember a specific embarrasing moment someone else had. Couldn't remember any specific incidents: that is how many of your Embarrassing incidents other people remember.

You are not that special, people might laugh when they happen, but honestly most people don't care enough to remember. Has anyone brought any up say 3-6 months after the fact? I doubt it. What is the point of worrying about them if noone even remembers.